25

——       1:16 PM, TIME IN QATAR.

france vs denmark kicked off in 6 hours and aria was situated in the parking lot of the doha international airport waiting on the text from marie. she was currently on a winning streak of subway surfers when she accidentally clicked on marie's notification and lost her progress in the game. "are you fucking kidding me?!" she screamed, throwing her phone. aria let her head rest on the steering wheel, reflecting on the outburst she just had 30 seconds ago. after taking a deep breather and realizing it wasn't that deep in the long run, she analyzed her phone for the damage. thankfully it was fine and she opened her chat with marie.

MARIE. 🌼
where are you?
MARIE. 🌼
this bag is killing my back

ARIA.
in the black car near the
parking sign, i see you.

MARIE. 🌼
omw

aria spent the next few minutes trying to work something out in the help menu to get her progress back when the passenger side door opened. "there's no way you fully rented a car when you're literally only here for a month." marie laughed. "i'm so mad at you!" aria said, throwing her head into the steering wheel after finding out absolutely nothing could be done. "what did i do?" marie frowned, immediately making aria feel guilty at the fact that she thought aria was genuinely mad at her. "you did nothing, i'm just being dramatic." aria laughed then got out of the car to give marie a proper hug. "i missed you soooo much." aria squeezed marie, already feeling the emotions get to her. "i missed you more, this hug is literally gonna make me fall asleep in your arms." marie sighed, aria laughed at her comment. same old marie.

the drive back to the hotel was amazing. they sang their hearts out to taylor swift, just like they did back in their freshman year of university. they would be graduating this year which was crazy to even think about. "how's online university going?" marie yelled over the music. "it's going great! i'm flying back to madrid though for final exams." aria said, turning the music down. "do you think you'll be going to med school after?" marie asked. "honestly, i don't think so. it's already stressful enough and i'm in a great place with my job right now. i just wanna finish my masters degree so that the past 4 years were actually worth something." she laughed. "i'm glad everything's been going good for you. nobody deserves this more than you." marie smiled at her. "awww marie, you're gonna make me cry." aria said, pulling marie into a hug.

they parked behind the hotel and made their way inside. marie's room was right next to aria's so after they finished unpacking and setting up marie's room, they headed back to aria's to catch up on everything that happened in the time they were apart from each other. aria missed these conversations with marie so much, they discussed all the new campus gossip, talked about med school, aria's modeling career and marie's relationship status. aria remembered theo's words from a few days back and figured why not give it a shot. "i have a guy that might be interested." aria winked after marie just told her that the dating scene on campus was pretty dead. "no thanks. i don't like long distance one bit." marie shut her down quickly. "marie, just give it a shot. you never know if you don't try." aria nudged her, causing marie to let out the biggest groan humanly possible. "fine. how are you even meeting these people?" marie asked. "he's one of kylian's friends." aria laughed. "of course he is." marie said causing aria to laugh again. "his name is theo hernandez. he's 25 and he plays for ac milan and the french team. he's a really funny guy too, he reminds me of you a lot." aria smiled seeing the way marie's demeanour changed after hearing about the man.

"ok fine." marie said, causing aria to squeal in excitement. "you're gonna be seeing him at the game tonight anyways, it'll be a good chance to get to know each other. maybe even on a deeper connection afterwards." aria winked twice. "aria!!! you sound just like your boyfriend!" marie whined causing aria to laugh as she realized that marie really wasn't wrong. kylian's humour had rubbed off on her a lot but she couldn't only credit him, kylian and frida had the same types of jokes and it could have honestly been her impact as well. the next few hours consisted of the girls doing some shopping together and face masks after they returned to the hotel after a longgg trip to the mall. they did each others makeup and accessorize before driving over to stadium 974 to watch the match.