07.

—     "YOU STILL HAVENT CHANGED, ARIA." kylian laughed

she vented to him over the phone for not even 5 minutes until he took it upon himself to show up at her front door with a takeout box in his hands. she had just finished rambling about her meeting with louise and how nothing was working in her favour and how she would just end up ruining everything. "is that supposed to be an insult?" she questioned

"no, i'm just saying you still worry about the smallest things." he said taking a bite of his chicken.

"this isn't small! i'm representing one of the biggest fashion brands in the world. what if i fall on the carpet? what if everyone laughs at me? what if i tear the dress?" aria said, listing the possibilities of everything that could end up going wrong.

"relax a bit, none of that is going to happen, you just need to de-stress." kylian said.

"and how am i supposed to do that?" she said, waiting for kylian to state the obvious.

"i mean if you really want to know..." he winked.

"you're so gross." she said laughing and repeatedly hitting him with a throw pillow.

"see, look at how much you've relaxed. i promise you'll do amazing." he smiled. kylian always had that about him. he knew how to make her feel better instantly.

"what happened, aria?" matteo asked crouching down in front of her.

"my knee." she said biting her lip, holding back tears that threatened to spill. a big gash was on her knee as a result of her colliding with the sharpest edge of the playground stairs while swinging on the monkey bars.

kylian had followed after matteo, wanting to see what the commotion was about. aria hadn't hung out with the two boys often, normally she'd be in her bedroom playing with the barbie dream house set that she had been gifted from her father. the funds ivan had made from coaching had finally put him & elena in a situation where they could live comfortably without any worries like explaining to their kids why they couldn't afford many christmas gifts because dinner had to be put on the table instead.

today was different though, elena had encouraged aria to go out and play with the boys. they're was a playground near kylian's home with a field nearby. the boys would play football and aria would enjoy the playground. yet, there she was. holding onto her knee while crimson red blood seeped through her fingers and tears wouldn't stop falling as with the realization sinking in, the pain increased.

"you'll be okay, hermana. kylian, stay with her!" matteo said running off to inform kylian's parents. now she was sitting beside a boy she barely knew, who probably wanted to laugh at her stupidity.

"i should have warned you about it, i'm sorry." he said out of nowhere.

"what?" she questioned, there was so way that he knew this park was dangerous and still lead her here.

"this playgrounds been shut down because the same thing happened to a little boy a while ago." he said

"and you didn't warn me?" aria seethed. a guilty look washed over his face. aria had no problem with the boy before but now she was mad.