18.

——  "ARIA... WHAT THE ACTUAL HELL..."
frida said after putting down her coffee cup on the glass table in front of her. after aria's rather dramatic recollection of what happened two weeks ago. from the initial moment of inviting kylian over to speak about the big issue all the way to kylian's shocking confession, frida couldn't hide the look on her face which had aria worried, but not as worried as when those five words spoken just now exited her mouth.

"you just left him hanging??" frida said, the disappointment was clearly evident in her face. after all the pep talks the girls had gave her she didn't expect herself to freeze up like that. "please, don't remind me. the whole situation itself was so awkward, i don't know how i'm gonna face him again after that." aria sighed, shoving her face into the nearest pillow as a way to just forget about everything that was going wrong currently.

"do you love him, though?" frida asked, genuinely curious about her best friends feelings. aria looked up from the pillow and paused for a second.
"i do love him, frida. i just... have no idea how to say it without feeling like he's gonna leave too." aria let out a sigh of relief, this was something she had been holding in for a long time now, and she trusted frida even more now since she's been the only one to know about aria's relationship with kylian from the very start to current day.

"can you elaborate what you mean by that?" frida had never met anyone as confusing as aria in her life, the girl basically spoke in riddles. "you know what i mean, frida. quit doing that." aria rolled her eyes. "is this about your brother? because that's the only correlation i'm getting right now?" frida asked, using her words strategically to make aria confess her true feelings on kylian.

"yes it's about my brother, but not for the reason that you think. i don't care if matteo never formally said i could date his best friend, he still implied that i could and that's all i care about. what i'm worried about is the feeling of expressing my love for someone, allowing my heart to be consumed by them, only for them to leave like matteo, whether it be death, or just walking out completely. nobody knew what it was like for me to lose my brother. i can't go through that again, especially not with the man i'm in love with." aria spoke all at once, her words jumbled together and before she knew it, she could feel the tears streaming down her face.

"awhh, aria, come here baby." frida said, pulling aria into her arms. she thought of aria as her baby sister, and she would be damned if she let anyone or anything make her feel this way. aria felt stupid. she wasn't sensitive by any means, but whenever the conversation had to do with her brother, she couldn't help but break down into tears.

she sniffled quickly and wiped her teary eyes on the sleeve of her shirt. "i'm not gonna cry again, frida." she said, grabbing a tissue and blowing her nose. "you're just letting out your pent up emotions, aria. there's nothing wrong with that." frida frowned looking down on her younger friend.

"i know that, but i cant sit here and cry and let him slip away from me, again. matteo would rise from his grave and kill me." she joked around to lighten the mood, which earned a giggle from frida. "you're very wise for your age, has anyone ever told you that?" frida smiled, making aria give her a sly wink.

"so what's the plan now?" aria said. frida gave her a blank stare, "after all that motivational speaking about how you won't let him go for a second time and you have no idea what you're gonna do to gain him back?" frida questioned. the irony of the situation had both the women laughing so hard, that they had to be clutching their stomachs.