24.

——       THE SUN PEAKING THROUGH THE CURTAINS was the most perfect way for aria to wake up that morning.

she turned around to be met with kylian's strong back, she placed numerous kisses all over his shoulder blades before getting up for a long stretch. aria was careful to not make too much noise as she picked out an outfit. today was a rare occasion and it was one of kylian's days where he was free and didn't have to go in for training. his matches were going to typically be placed 4 days apart, so the free time was nice for the both of them. aria decided today would just be a lazy day between the two of them, the world cup would last an entire month and there would be other opportunities to go on fancy dates and explore doha. today she just wanted to soak in as much time as she possibly could with her boyfriend.

after a quick shower, aria wrapped herself in a towel and then brushed her teeth and blow dried her hair. she did minimal skincare before walking back out to put the clothes that she picked out on. by now kylian had woken up, he scrolled through twitter to see how people were reacting to every game so far but paused when aria came out. "take that towel off for me." he smirked. "no, you perv." she laughed, he was clearly starved but he'd have to wait. "what do you want to do today, amour?" he asked. "i was thinking of just having a lazy day between the two of us, if you don't mind?" aria asked. "of course i don't. i love these kinds of days." he said, outstretching his arms so she could join. she cuddled into his arms as he kissed her temple and hummed peacefully. "i love you." she looked up at him and smiled. "i love me too." he smirked, causing aria to throw a pillow at him and try to escape his hold but he tightened his grip around her waist. "i'm joking, baby." he laughed. "shut up donatello, ethan's always been my favourite brother." she said still trying to escape. "is he still your favourite when i——" he was about to say. "kylian!!!!" aria screamed, cutting him off.

"joking, joking!!" he defended. "you're actually a freak." she laughed grabbing the phone. "what do you want for breakfast?" she asked. "plain scrambled eggs, gotta get my gains in." he replied. "no seasoning? gross." she fake gagged. "you'd get it once you achieve muscles like these." he winked, flexing his arm. "looks a little small." aria said. "i can show you something bigger." he winked, causing aria to throw the pillow at him and lock herself in the bathroom. "amour!!! i meant my other arm!" he said, banging on the door. "no you didn't, you freak." she yelled through the door. "how can i make it up to you?" he yelled back. aria smirked, looking over at the sephora bag laying on the bathroom sink. she was a girl! how else was she supposed to kill time yesterday?

she walked out of the bathroom holding the massive bag with a huge grin on her face. "you ready, personal canvas?" she smiled at him. "you have got to be kidding me," he pauses. "there's no way you're putting any of that on me, aria." he smirks, thinking he's won this little game between the two of them. "ok, then i just won't speak to you." she says dropping the bag and facing away from him. he laughs, "anyway, are you ordering or am i?"

silence.

"aria? are you ordering or am i? hello?" he waves a hand in front of her face, only to get no reaction. "are you serious?" he rolls his eyes. fine two can play that game, he'll just ignore her too. the food had long been ordered and the two of them just sat in silence. kylian tried scrolling through his phone, but aria's burning stare made him uncomfortable. still, he wouldn't back out of this. she had to be the first to talk to him and he knew just the way to make her do that. he put his shoes on and left the room and smiled once he closed the door behind him, thinking that she'd come out but nope, nothing. maybe he needed to wait on it, but soon ten minutes went by with no sign of aria. he opened the door again to see her still practically burning holes in him with that stare of hers as she finished her food and tossed it in the trash. kylian sat back down and tried to finish his food, but aria's deathly stare made it extremely hard for him to even focus on putting the fork in his mouth.

"fine!!! you can do whatever you want, just quit looking at me all scary!" he sighed in defeat, making aria give him the biggest smile he's sworn he's seen in his life. 30 minutes later and he had a full glam look on his face. "finally, we're done!" he sighed. aria just stared at him and smiled. weird, but okay. just as he was about to go to the bathroom and wash it off, the door burst open. "kylian, what happened? are you okay!?" theo shouted as him and griezmann bursted in the door. the silence was LOUD as the two men stared at eachother in shock and silence. the nature of the situation was so funny that aria and antoine burst out laughing together. "that was sick, aria! you actually had us fooled with that text." antoine fist bumped her. "what text?" kylian said, rushing to the bathroom to wash his face. "she said you had an allergic reaction to the food and fainted." antoine yelled over the sound of running water from the bathroom. theo just stood there and shook his head in disbelief. "don't sit there and smile, i'm getting back at you for this." kylian warned his girlfriend. "whatever you say, gorgeous." aria said causing her and antoine to burst out in laughter again. "how did this all even come about?" antoine asked between laughs. "she wouldn't speak to me unless i let her do my makeup." kylian admitted, earning a stare from theo. "nah bro, you're beyond whipped." he said, laughing and shaking his head before walking up to aria to give her a fist bump as well.

all three of them went out to town and walked around the city for a bit. "are you sure i don't have foundation on my face, they're all staring at me." kylian asked for the millionth time today. "i'm 100% sure babe, they're looking at you like that because you're famous." aria affirmed, laughing. "so when's your friend coming? theo asked, cutting off whatever conversation aria and kylian were in the midst of. "my friend? which one?" aria asked. "the spanish one." he smiled. "oh, marie! she'll be here in time for your next match against....." aria paused. "denmark!!" antoine finished the sentence and gave himself a pat on the back when kylian let him know he said the right answer. "yeah, against denmark. how do you even know what she looks like?" aria questioned. "before you even entertained kylian, he was obsessed with you. freaky little stalker type obsessed. he made us scroll through your instagram while talking about how you were the perfect woman. weird, right?" theo said, expecting aria to agree with him. "awww baby! i love you." she said kissing kylian, earning a gag from antoine.

"anyways like i said before you guys started eating eachothers faces, i saw this one picture of you and marie and she's beautiful!" he gushed. "weren't you the one calling me whipped earlier? what does this make you?" kylian asked him. "she's beautiful, but not enough that i'll let her put a full face of makeup on me." he laughed. "thats what they all say!" aria said, poking theo's cheek. "ok miss, that's enough. those claws you've got are tearing into my cheek." theo said, causing kylian and antoine to laugh.

the rest of the day was filled with them taking a chill stroll around doha. they visited a zoo, much to kylian's dismay, the whole time theo and antoine were laughing about how he could've been one of the turtles long lost brothers while aria tried not to laugh. they then visited a restaurant where aria and antoine bonded over the kids meal while theo and kylian were breaking down the top 10 french soundcloud rappers of all time. kylian's friends we're great and she was enjoying so much of her time in doha so far, she could already tell that this world cup was going to be an amazing one!

AUTHORS NOTE,
guys, PLEASE don't forget
to vote, comment and follow if
you enjoyed the chapter. even the
smallest amount of support means
a lot to me, and no interaction means
i'm not motivated to continue writing.

thanks, ily. <3