21.

——        "10 MINUTES TO SET!"

the runway director's voice echoed through the room. aria clearly didn't realize that last minute fittings would be this hectic. articles of clothing being thrown everywhere, last minute touch ups, you name it. this show was a bit different than the past years, this time around it would be a live broadcast. it was exciting because aria's family and friends and boyfriend would be able to watch everything as it happened, but also extremely nerve wracking because there was absolutely no room for error whatsoever.

there were 7 segments in total for this years show and aria would be walking 5 of them, she felt extremely blessed to be in such great care with the likes of louise and jamie, even though they were both a little crazy. elsa hosk, a model aria had only ever spoken to once, at the red carpet premiere would be opening this years show. although their interaction was brief, aria liked elsa and she was super excited for her.    "ready to go?" she smiled at the blonde woman. "as ready as i'll ever be. what about you? i heard this is your first show." elsa asked aria. "it is. i'm super nervous, i can't lie. a bit scared too." aria laughed. "don't be, you'll do amazing!" elsa smiled at her. the sweet moment was cut off by amelia telling elsa she needed to hurry up and get on stage this very moment or the whole show would be set back. "yikes! gotta go, was great seeing you, aria!" elsa smiled before running off. "good luck elsa!!" aria called out to her.

multiple huge monitors displayed above were showing the live broadcast of the runway for other models and people working backstage to view. the bright lights shone on, and a close up of elsa's $10,000 dollar custom victoria's secret heels were shown before the music began playing. else strutted down the runway with confidence and received a massive amount of cheers leaving aria and some of the other models watching in shock. she finished off her walk by posing and giving her signature smile to the camera before walking back. she looked amazing, aria wondered how she did it so well and as time went on and more and more models walked the stage, aria's nerves began to heighten.

right then and there an incoming facetime from kylian came. aria smiled down at the sight of his name on her screen and quickly ran off to the first secluded area she found to pick up his call. as soon as she swiped the answer button, she was met with her boyfriend flashing a grin at her and angling his phone upwards to show the view of his hotel room.

"looks like you're enjoying qatar. i miss you." she smiled. "miss you too baby;" he said before turning his camera to his tv screen showing the live broadcast, "you know it's getting a little weird watching this, i haven't seen you yet. when are you going out there?" he questioned. "the segment after this one. i'm already dressed so i have.... 3 more minutes to kill before i'm supposed to do last minute makeup touch ups." she said after confirming the time on her phone.

"i'm stressed, my love." aria confessed to kylian. "why? you're gonna be the sexiest one on that runway, those other models have nothing on you." he said flashing her a huge smile. "thanks amor;" aria giggled, "but i'm nervous because all these girls have so much more experience over me, i feel like i'm gonna walk out there and all eyes are gonna be on me. it makes me naseous." she chewed on her nail. "well, that's probably why you aren't in the opener. i remember my first international game, i wasn't put on until the 60th minute." kylian recalled.

"babe, soccer and modeling are different." aria said, shaking her head. "i know they are, but i was just as nervous as you are right now. when i got on the pitch, people who didn't even know me started cheering for me. now imagine you, you've already cemented yourself in your industry as an amazing model." he comforted her. he always knew exactly what to say. "thank you mi amor, i love you so much. can't wait to see you." she smiled through the phone. "me too, i love you more. gonna be watching you up there, and i meant what i said earlier." he said. "i know you did. i'll call you after." she said before hanging up.