85......

SANGINI – A NEW BEGINNING! CHAPTER 85

Recap: ragsan sangeet

A dark room is shown where several pictures of Sanskaar, Ragini, Swara, Laksh and Adarsh are kept.
Voice : I have waited for so long for this day. Now is the time. Tik tock tik tock. Time is running, Sanskaar………… too much fun! Tumhari wajah se na jaane kitne dil tootne wale hai…..

<evil laugh>

~~~~~~~

The haldi ceremony of Ragini and Sanskaar had started. Ragini was looking beautiful in white and yellow sleeveless suit and Sanskaar was as usual looking stunning in a white kurta pajama with yellow tread work in the collar. Kaun Nachdi was playing in the background.
Everyone applied haldi to Sanskaar and then the bowl was given for Ragini. everyone danced and enjoyed the function after which they went to take bath. Ragini and Sanskaar were not allowed to see other till evening i.e. their wedding.

Ragini was drying her hair when her phone rang. It was the same unknown number. Her throat went dry as she gulped.
Ragini : hello….
Caller ( C ) : I must say… you really are very strong and ziddi…
Ragini : tumhe kya laga main dar jaungi ??
C : mere hisab se darna toh chahiye tumhe….
Ragini : tum yeh drama kahin aur jake karo… samjhi??
C : you’re so naïve, Ragini…. do you really think all this is drama?
Ragini : what do you want? What will you get by breaking my marriage?
C : oh come on… I don’t give a shit about your marriage…. I just don’t want sanskaar to get married….
Ragini : what?
C : now look, I gave you one chance to break this marriage but you didn’t. so now I have to do something. And my something is a lot more than your “something” when you tried to break your sister’s wedding.
Ragini : what? How do you know that i….
Before she could complete her sentence, the line went dead. She tried again but the phone was switched off. She kicked the chair to lent out her frustration. She quickly called Sanskaar to know about his whereabouts but his phone was switched off. Her heart raced. Her hands were trembling in panic when Khushi entered her room. Seeing Ragini all stressed and trembling, Khushi got worried and made her sit.
Khushi : Ragini, what’s wrong? What happened? Why are you shaking?
Ragini : Sa… Sans….
Khushi : sanskaar?? What about him?
Ragini signed “where he is?”
Khushi : Ragini relax. Sanskaar is with Arnav and his brothers. Please calm down.
She made her drink water and caressed her back to calm her down. Ragini relaxed after a while.
Khushi : what’s wrong?
Ragini ( thinks ) : if I tell her, she’ll tell Arnav bhai and he’ll blurt out to Sanskaar. There’s no point because I think what is going on here….
Khushi : Ragini…. what is troubling you?
Ragini : I’m fine Khushi.
Khsuhi : no you’re not, Ragini. you were having a panic attack for god’s sake…. Let me call arnav..
Ragini : no need, Khushi. It’s just that…. I’m having pre marriage jitters. And I have talked about this with sanskaar also…. And he’ll leave after two days…. You’re getting my point na?
Khushi : yes… but swear on me that this is the only thing troubling you and you’re not hiding anything from me…
Ragini takes a deep breath, crosses her fingers at the back and nods. Khushi hugs her and makes her lie for a while.

~~~~~~~~~

Sujata calls out Adarsh as he sees him walking out.
Sujata : chore, where are you going? Tere bhai ki shadi hai aaj…. Lagta hai no one cares about this marriage other than me….
Adarsh ; oh come on Chachi… I’ll come be back in an hour. I have some important work to do…
Sujata : bhai ki shadi se zyada kya important hai?
Adarsh sighs.
Adarsh : chachi actually there’s some problem with one of our clients and he’s here in Delhi… so I have to meet him.
Sujata : are kaam baad mei kar lena… yahan bhi kitna sara kaam hai…
Adarsh : I promise I’ll be back soon. Please…..
Sujata nods her head and goes from there. Adarsh looks on.
Adarsh ( thinks ) : this is ending today.