The Journey Begins

The attic library was a eerie and dusty place. Piles upon piles of books were stacked on top of each other. Some were quite new with smooth plastic paperback covers with exciting adventure and fantasy stories hidden within their pages, while others were very old with thin paper covers and even thinner pages within which told the story of old time philosophy and history. All these books surrounded a  singular orange beanbag which stood in the middle of the small dimly lit room as if it was a makeshift castle defending it's precious treasure at twilight. A small circular window sat next to the beanbag  peering out at the small village outside. A gentle falling snow could be seen though  the window and mimicked the view in a 1990s Christmas film.

Inside the makeshift book castle sat thirteen year-old Daniel Lorence who was just finishing up the fifteenth book of wings of fire which officially released a few months ago. As he finished up the final sentence of the book he let out a long sigh.

"That's it I guess, that's final story book of Wings of Fire. An amazing book and even more amazing series but it's conclusion was a bit disappointing."

he spoke out loud thinking no one would hear him until his older sister, yelled at him to be quiet. "HEY! THE CREAKY FLOORBOARDS FROM YOU WALKING AROUND ARE ENOUGH NOISE AS IT IS! SO SHUT IT!"

'Jeez alright,' He thought to himself.

His sister, Charlotte. Was taking care of him while their parents were both out on a business trip. Supposedly They would be back in a week's time so until then his sister would be caring for him. Although by caring it really just meant buying him food and being antisocial in her room everyday.

His mind quickly returned to the book.'So many things could of been changed and it would of made this conclusion so much better... If only I was able to change it myself...' 
with that thought in mind he took an quick bite of his PB&J sandwich before he neatly slid the book back into place in the shelf along with the rest of his WoF Collection.

He had been a fan of the series for a few years now had collected all the available books so far. However when he slid that last book in he felt as if it wasn't over, not just yet. Like there was still more to the Wings of fire story despite it being officially over for tea moment with the fifteenth book.

He didn't know why he felt that way.. there was just a feeling in his gut that told him it wasn't over... He peered out the window taking a good look at the falling snow and the dark town before him hoping it would make him forget the growing feeling.

It didn't work. He tried eating, bathing, playing video games, but even after all that he just couldn't shake the feeling. He checked the time as he lay in bed.
'it's 3:48 am right now'  he thought. 'I'm going to check on the book again'

Slowly, but surely he left his bed and quietly made his way up the attic steps skipping the fifth one as it was the one that creaked loudly, he needed to make sure to make as minimal amount of noise as possible in order to not wake his sister or he would never hear the end of it. The floor creaked every now and then but as long as he took his time he should be fine.

Eventually he reached the bookshelf and pulled out the book. It was the same book as before, nothing changed. Flipping through the pages he started to realised how dumb of an idea this was and how it was just a massive waste of time.

'it was probably just my dumb mind being upset about the series ending as there's clearly nothing to see here' he thought grumpily. "whatever let's just get back to bed."

'Wait! Can't forget to mark the date on the calendar'  Daniel walked quietly towards the white calendar. Using a red pen that he kept near he marked off the date December 17th.

Afterwards he followed the same way he came up the steps however he miscalculated and stepped on the 5th step.

CREEAAK! the step croaked. SHOOT! Daniel  thought as a light down the corridor turned on and out came a shadowy figure that Daniel immediately identified as his sister. Daniel bolted as quickly and as quietly as he could to his room and locked the door behind him.

He let out a long sigh of relief, when he looked down he saw he was clutching the book in his right hand, before realising he grabbed the wrong book so his rush to the attic and nearly escaping is sister was for nothing.

"Dammit, dumb piece of crap" he whispered as he threw the book to the wall out of anger. However he immediately regretted it as that's where a nail was sticking out of the wall from construction renovations yesterday afternoon.

The books pages hit the nail and pierced the page before it ripped in two. Daniel looked at the ripped pages of the book. "No... No... No.. What have I done..." he whispered. He walked towards the book before he was shot back towards the wall by a strong force. He looked up to see the ripped pages of the book glow.

"what...?" was all he was able to get out before he shot towards the book at an alarming speed. He began to faint and the last thing he saw was a warm bright light before everything went dark.

"AHH!" Daniel screamed he woke startled at what just happened.  An annoying headache had found itself a home inside his brain but Daniel soon realised that it was the least of his problems. Looking at his surroundings all he saw were miles upon miles of desert dunes in all directions, no sign of life, no sign of well... anything for that matter. There was nothing. "Where am I?" he began to stand up but he quickly lost his balance on his two legs.

"argh what the!? Why can't I stand up?" his question was soon answered when he looked down. His heart skipped a beat. Where you would expect to see feet and toes he saw orange talons and claws. Where there was supposed to be smooth skin there were rough scales and large wings. "AAGHHHHHHHH WHAT AM I!!!" he screamed. Trying to run he fell down again, his heart was pounding out of his chest and he didn't know what to do. In his peripheral vision he spotted a tiny puddle in a nearby hole. The water was undrinkable but you could see your reflection relatively well. He crawled over to it and took a look at himself. "Th-tha-that's no- not possible..." he saw his facial features... horns, long snout, with smoke coming out of his nostrils. "I-I'm a-a Dragon?.."

Hello people, If your reading this monstrosity of a story then thank you for putting up with my terrible writing skills. I hope you enjoyed this somewhat of an introduction to my book, feel free to leave a comment if you wish and give me some constructive criticism on how I should change up my writing to make it clearer. But apart from that I'll try to get a chapter out every few days and I hope you have a good day. :D