A Flight In The Night

It was well into the night when Daniel woke. Looking around at the dark gloomy sleeping cave he could make out the shape of a familiar Sandwing sleeping on a upper ledge that Daniel hadn't noticed. It appeared to be covered in a yellow brownish material that looked However everyone's favourite grumpy Icewing was nowhere to be seen.
'where's Winter? I hope he didn't get too scared from what happen before.'

Daniel thought with a hint of regret. 'I should go find him, make sure he doesn't run off like he did in the books.'

Quietly, Daniel crept out of the cave careful not to wake the snoring Sandwing. Upon exiting the cave into the long hallway he only just realised how peaceful the school was a night.

Fire lit torches gleamed in the hallway as decoratively cut holes in the walls served as windows for letting the moonlight from the three moons into the mountain.
'Oh wow... The three moons together look amazing. Much better then Earth's moon.
Daniel found himself admiring the moons for a few minutes before snapping back to reality

'Wait! what am I doing! I need to find Winter!' Soon he began to rush through the hall as fast as his inexperienced four legged running would let him. Which is to say not very fast. He could probably run faster as a human then a dragon at the moment.
' Dammit, I don't have time for this...' Suddenly Daniel came up with a risky idea but it was the only way to traverse the corridor quickly if he wanted to find Winter soon. 'screw it, I need to find him'

Daniel spread his wings and took off. Instantly his speed quickened to probably eight times the speed he was going initially. Daniel was sure to follow the torches out as he dodged and weaved his way through. Some sharp rocks popped out every now and then which made it slightly difficult to traverse the corridor safely. Not to mention it was already extremely tight just barley missing the edge of the walls which threatened to take his wings off. Threading the needle he kept flying straight ahead towards oblivion until a larger room came into view up ahead. Daniel soon blasted through the room, past a solitary Icewing sitting on the Jade Mountain entrance, and out into the night sky. 'I guess I found him'

The cool air felt amazing on his scales as he proceeded to do a few fighter jet tricks he saw once back in his own dimension. Barrel rolls, flips, and deep dives were just to name a few of them however he soon remembered the main reason he came out there to begin with. 'Right, Winter.' Circling back to main entrance he landed beside the lonely Icewing who was staring at him in astonishment.

"What in the damn Moons was that!" Winter exclaimed.

"SHHHH" Daniel whispered, quickly covering Winters snout with a talon. "You don't want to wake everyone in the school do you?"

"hmmmphmmaphmm" Winter retorted

"Oh right, sorry" Daniel said taking his talon off Winters mouth.

"What was that?" Winter said more quietly this time.

"Oh that's just me having a flight that's all, you know, being a Skywing it's kind of my thing." Daniel gave a shy smile.

"No, I know that, I mean like... how were you flying so fast? I've never see any Skywing or dragon for that matter, fly as fast as that.

"Oh really? I thought it was just normal to fly that fast"

Winter shook his head quickly.

"Oh, well then, I guess that's something" Daniel laughed

"Why are you here Hurricane?" Winter asked in a sadder and softer voice.

"huh"

"you heard me, you have ears don't you?" Winter retorted sadly.