Late Nights

The sun had finally set behind the horizon as two of the three moons rose above in the deep dark night sky.

Stars glimmered above them in a cosmic web, giving off a small amount of light onto the land below.

At this time most of the students and teachers would most likely be asleep except for maybe a few who would stay up late for whatever reasons they had.

There was nothing outside except for them and the sound of their talons as they walked among the billions of blades of grass in the open fields.

At this point they were pretty far away from the school, not far enough so they couldn't see it but far enough so that if anyone went looking for them they wouldn't be found.

"Alright, this seems like a good spot" Daniel said finally as he paused.

It was a relatively flat, soft, open field illuminated by the soft glow of the night.
A smooth cooling breeze passed by, sending a few lonely leaves tumbling though the air as the blades of grass swayed with the wind.

It wasn't necessarily cold but it wasn't very warm either, a few shivers found themselves crawling on Daniels spine as the wind passed by but when it was gone the night fell silent again.

Willow, draped in her black cloak, took off her hood as she looked around.
"Alright then... So.. What's first?"

Qibli looked to her, Willow tried to hide it but it was clear as day that she was still a little nervous.
"Well.. You want to learn to fight, so it would probably make the most to put you up against one of us"

Willows eyes widened, "W-wait a minute! I won't stand a chance against you guys! I already saw Hurricane beat up that one dragon who was rumored to have some sort of powers or something!"

"Anemone," Daniel interjected, "and yes, she's what we call an animus, a dragon with the ability to enchant objects and dragons to as well as grant powers and abilities to themselves or others at the price of a piece of their souls"

Willow looked to him with an expression he couldn't really understand, but he didn't bother trying to figure it out.
"But that's besides the point, now let's focus on you" he pointed a claw to Willow who tensed up for a second.

"Put simply, you're going to try and strike me, and I'm going to point out your mistakes" he explained as he walked up in front of Willow, taking off his hood in the process.

Willow looked to him and back to her talon and claws.
"Are you sure..? What if I hit you by accident?"

Daniel smirked, "Trust me... You won't"

Willow frowned a little at Daniels remark but did as he said.
She swiped quickly, a light green blur flew through the air towards Daniels face.
However he saw it and quickly caught her talon before it reached him.

Willows eyes widened as her attack stopped abruptly.
Her talon was only a few inches away from the side of Daniels cheek but he had a good grip so she wasn't able to move.

"Not bad actually, but it could be better" Daniel said as he let go of her talon.
"You're aiming for the wrong place."

Willow shot him a puzzled look.
"How? I was aiming for your face wasn't I?"

Daniel nodded, "That's the issue, if you're trying to hurt someone then it's perfectly fine... But if you're trying to kill someone..."
He gently brought his claw up to the side of Willows neck and started poking at her throat.
"You want to be aiming here instead"

"A clean hit across the face may blind or injure someone enough to make them surrender or greatly weaken them, but a clean swipe to the throat... And that dragon's a goner..." Daniel explained.