Meet Your Match

It was early afternoon and Daniel was now in Art class with the rest of his Winglet.

Their eavesdrop mission was somewhat successful since they had managed to find out about the Secret stealth team and how the queens were thinking of having Daniel as a candidate.

Unfortunately the gong rang and before they were able to get any information on how much the Queens were onto them and had to leave to avoid suspicions.

Art class wasn't much of a hassle though.
They were panting on what they called cavasses but we're really just peices of scroll paper hung on a wall or placed on the ground depending on what was more comfortable.

Clay was the one who was teaching them today. He mentioned it would usually be Tsunami but since she was in an important meeting he would be taking over this once.

Although his form of 'taking over' was merely just walking around to see how each dragon was doing before going back to his desk and sitting silently.

Daniel couldn't really blame him though, after all he wasn't even supposed to be teaching them so he was trying his best, plus it took the weight off of Daniels shoulders considering that he was a terrible artist.

He looked over to Willow who was on the canvas next to him.
His eyes widened when he laid eyes on her painting.

It was a portrait of Sundew, an extremely detailed one however not in the sense of realism, more like a cartoonish yet detailed portrait.

It was really well made and captured all her facial features well.
Although in the portrait Sundew was smiling, something that Daniel guessed she didn't do often.

'Sounds like Winter... It's sad really, smiles on both of their faces would really make a difference... But oh well'
Daniel kept staring as Willow carefully detailed the eyes.

That was however when Willow realised Daniel was staring at her painting.
"O-oh! Hey!" She said with a little awkwardness.

"Hey... That's a really good painting you know" Daniel complimented to which she smiled.
"Thanks, I didn't really know what to draw so I just went with the flow I guess... And here I am"

"Well you should be happy with it! It's real impressive and at least you got something on your canvas" Daniel pointed out as he gestured to his near blank canvas in front of him.

"As you can see... I by far have the most impressive artistic work out of everyone here, I call it... The void." Daniel said in a sense of sarcasm and exaggeration.

Willow laughed.
"Wow, I can really see all the details you've put" she joked to which Daniel also chuckled a little.

"Why yes, as you can see it is amazingly detailed and definitely not empty because I've had no idea on what to do and also my art skills suck" Daniel continued which got another laugh out of Willow.

"Nah I'm sure they're not that bad,"
She said just as Clay walked over to them to them.

"Hello, how are you guys doing over here?" He asked casually as he laid eyes on Willows portrait.
"Woah, that's very impressive"
She smiled even more. "Thank you,"

He was about to turn to Daniel when the Gong rang to signal the end of the lesson and the Start of lunch.

"Oh well I guess that's time then, off for some lunch!" Clay smiled at the thought of food and began to walk towards the exit to the cave but just before he left he turned back to them.

"Oh, I almost forgot. Lunch is back to normal so you'll probably see everyone in the Prey centre." Clay mentioned before he left.

Daniel turned to Willow, who was putting away her art supplies in their respected places.
"Hey, just so you know we have Music last" Daniel said.