On Our Way

It was about late morning when they finally arrived back to the others.

Qibli was still wearing the cloak the  gatekeeper gave him. As well as the hidden blade which Daniel had to admit, unsettled him deeply.

But he wouldn't bring it up as for probably the first time since the mountain Qibli seemed... Happy, calm, at ease.
And he wasn't about ruin that with some off topic question.

The snow crunched under their talons as they landed.
Most of the group was still asleep except for Star who was staring out at the huge Ice wall beyond them.

Her ears perked as they landed, without a second thought she raised her tail into a battle potion.

"Woah, Woah, calm down it's just us" Qibli said as spoon as he saw this.

Stars tail lowered. "Oh my moons! Where have you guys been?!" She yelled in a hushed voice.
"There's been Icewing patrols everywhere! I thought you guys might of been caught!"

"Look we wer-" Daniel tried

"Get down!" Star yelled in another very hushed but stern voice.
She leaped up and dragged both boys down to the ground.

They hid behind a small mound as she saw a group of four armoured Icewings landed about fifteen meters away from them at most.

"Alright soldiers!" what appeared to be the head of the team spoke loudly.
"We've been tasked by queen Snowfall to find some peculiar dragons which were seen flying around this area last night and to bring them in for questioning"

"Sir! yes sir!" The other guards replied.

The Daniel Star and Qibli looked back as the large group disbanded in different directions to cover more ground.

Large shadows flew overhead as multiple Icewings flew off in search of them, they were being hunted...

"See!" Star yelled in another hushed voice. "We're not safe here, we need to find what we came here for and get the fuck out!" she sighed deeply in annoyance.
"And it would help if you guys weren't bitching around, What the hell were you guys doing anyways?"

Daniel and Qibli both blushed noticeably to which Star immediately picked up.
 She was silent for a few moments before she shot them a disappointed look.

"So you're telling me..." Star said losing her temper

"uh oh... this isn't good..." Daniel whispered to Qibli who simply looked back him with the same 'We fucked up' expression.

"That I was out here, trying to keep our asses from getting caught by Icewings... MEANWHILE YOU GUYS WERE FUCKING MAKING OUT!?" 
Star bellowed, a dangerous looking blue glow started radiating from the inside of her snarling mouth.

It glowed though as she bared her teeth menacingly at the two boys.

"Okay! We're sorry!... Please don't kill us.." Daniel said as he stepped back.
He heard Qibli whimper slightly as he also took a step back.

"DO YOU GUYS HAVE ANY IDEA HOW WORRIED I WAS? I WAS ABOUT TO GO INTO THE FUCKING KINGDOM MYSELF!"
Star continued to yell at them as the glow shone brighter by the second.

Daniel recognised the glow.
'That's the same glow she was making when we fought... She's not going to actually use her frostbreath on us... Right? '

"Star... Calm down.." Qibli said trying to ease the situation but to no avail.

But Daniel noticed something.
He shivered as Goosebumps crawled along all of his scales which he didn't even know was possible.