Home Bitter Home

Daniel stepped through the portal, his talons left the fiery inferno of the Nightwing island and instead found themselves in the Poison Jungle... Or what was left of it... 

Nothing... Nothing but charred wood and ashes... That's all that remained of the once dangerous and deadly greenery. 
At first Daniel was confused of how and when this happened, but then he remembered what actually happened. 
'I remember now... Blue Burned it down... Or well the Othermind told him to... This is all that's left...' 

The others soon joined Daniel, though he didn't pay much attention to them as his eyes were still glued to the sad reality and destruction around him. 

Star walked up next to him, "Well... I Didn't really expect this when you mentioned a jungle..."

Daniel sighed, "Well it used to be a Jungle, Now it's...Well.. This."
It wasn't a very pretty sight, in fact it was kind of depressing. 
"Well at least we don't have to worry about the plants" He pointed out. 

Star smiled, "True, that also means it should be easier to find the shard right?" 

Daniel nodded, "Hopefully, as for now though It's probably best if we just follow the relic" he said as he finally turned around to see everyone else. 

For the most part everyone was doing the same as Daniel was, looking around at the sad valley of dead trees around them. 
Willow was easily the most impacted by the scene though he wasn't surprised since this was where she grew up, so seeing the place destroyed must hit hard. 

Daniel turned to Star who was looking at Winter. A small but sad smile formed on her face which made Daniel curious.
"Hey, are you alright?"

Star quickly snapped out of her trance like stance.
"Huh- what- O-oh yeah I'm fine!" She stuttered quickly.
Though this didn't help her case and only made Daniel more curious, slightly worried even.

"Star..." Daniel said, "What's on your mind?"

Star sighed, "It's really not that important-"
She tried to say but Daniel wasn't having it.

"Don't switch the subject." He said in a demanding tone.
Star looked at him uncomfortably, it was clear to Daniel that she really didn't want to talk about it though he wanted answers.

Star looked down at the ground, "It's none of your business Hurricane... Just... Let me get through this myself..."

Daniel gave her a worried look, though it didn't change Stars' mind as she stayed silent.
So in the end Daniel stopped the subject.
"Fine... But please know that we're here for you if you need someone to talk to"

Star nodded, "Mhm... I'm going to go talk to Willow, we should get a move on while it's still daylight."
With that she left, leaving Daniel to his thoughts.

'What was that all about...?  Something's up, but she won't talk to anyone about it... I guess I'll just leave it be for now'
Daniel thought as he took out the relic from his bag. 
The arrows on the face of the relic were pointing forward, further into the army of charred trees.

Daniels face fell slightly, he didn't really feel like exploring the somewhat unsettling woods though it wasn't like there was much of a choice. 
He grumbled to himself before eventually gathering everyone up for the trip.

"Alright guys! Let's get a move on, the shard isn't going to find itself" He called out to the others which swapped their attention to himself instead.

"The relic is aiming this way"
Daniel pointed a claw further into the dead forest.
"On the bright side of things, it's still daylight so we won't be getting stranded in the dark"