Back for more

Daniel sat on the cold Stone ledge, His black cloaked was draped over his body as he clutched the dark black handle of his Sickle in his hand.
A few scorched holes were burned into the dark fabric from their recent trip to the scorpion den.
He looked up to Qiblis camel fur covered bed and sighed deeply as Turtle walked into the room.

"Hey Hurricane, you doing alright?" He came over and sat next to him. 

"Yeah, I'm fine I just... Kind of miss him already... same with Moon even if I wasn't as close with her" Daniel said as he let out a deep sigh. 

It had only been yesterday since they had left for Pantala with everyone else. Daniel was lucky that he wasn't picked to go on the trip by some miracle which he assumed to be Snowfall convincing the other queens to take Sky and Wren instead of him.

The preparation for the mission took three or four days and despite the resetting of the compass which occurred about a week ago the Jade winglet had held off traveling to their next location so they could properly say goodbye to Moon and Qibli.

There were multiple days of planning for the mission and the Jade Winglet took this time to plan for their own mission.

While the queens were busy with the Pantala mission they focused their increased free time on the recent resetting of the compass.

Based on where the first shard was, -inside the depths of the Icewing palace- they assumed it would be something similar for this next one.

Moon estimated it would most likely be inside another kingdom and from where the compass was pointing to there was only one plausible location.

'The kingdom of the Sea...'  Daniel thought.
He looked out to the rising darkness outside as Turtle put a wing around his back.
Daniel whipped his head around to meet him with an odd glance.

"Sorry!" He said quickly as he retracted his wing a little bit.
"It just looked like you needed some comfort..."
He stared into Daniels eyes softly, there wasn't emotion behind them, it was just a soft stare.

He sighed.
"Well you're not wrong I guess..." Daniel admitted to which Turtle shot him a smile.

He was worried about Qibli and Moon, he knew deep down that in the end they'd be fine as that's what happened in the canon series

'But what if something got messed up..? What if the timeline is so out of order because of me that it might of changed something and cause them to get hurt?'

It was a long shot considering that he's done nothing in relation to Pantala, but he did mess up the Ice kingdom and that may of had a potential small impact that may grow into something larger...

'And potentially get them all mind controlled... Or even worse... Killed' Daniel thought worriedly but then Turtle interrupted his train of thought.

"Hey, they'll be fine, they always are" Turtle said shooting him a small smile.

Daniel let the words sink in, although his mind was clouded with worry he knew deep down that in the end they'd be alright. They had to be.

"Yeah, you're right." He returned Turtles smile.
"Thanks, I needed that"

"No problem, now we should get a move on, the others are probably waiting for us"

"Right!"
He hopped off his ledge and clutched his sickle dangerously.
It was nearly the dead of night, the three moons shone brightly in the sky some of them full while the other two held a sleek crescent shape.

There was a soft call of chatter that echoed from down the other parts of the cave. As he walked they passed the girls sleeping cave.
Inside there was a sound asleep Willow who had no idea of their double lives.