Family -and Friend- Issues

Daniel stared back at Charlotte who in all honesty seemed pretty much the same as he last saw her, except for the fact that she was now and Icewing.

"Hey brother..." Charlotte said.
"It's been a while..."

There was a tense silence as Daniels' friends looked at him.
Their eyes were wide as they changed glances between Daniel and Charlotte.

Daniel stood in the centre of it all, unmoving as everyone's eyes were on him... Waiting...

Daniel put away his weapon as he looked back at his sister which he'd not seen in who knows how long.
A part of him wanted to run up and hug her, knowing that he'd not fully lost his family just yet.

However... A part of Daniel also hated her for how she treated him.
Yes it wasn't as bad as what Winter or Anemone had to deal with... But it wasn't like Charlotte was a good sister either.

Most of the time it wasn't like she was even there, apart from when she went out buy food and other stuff. -which was only because his parents weren't home- as such Daniel rarely even saw her, despite living in the same house.

In fact she was so absent in his life it would be generous to even call her a part of it...
Because of this Daniel couldn't help but scowl.
Angry thoughts had taken over his mind, pushing the few good times he had with her into oblivion.

Therefore in the end, when he finally responded, what came out of his mouth wasn't what anyone expected.

Daniel looked at Charlotte dead in the eyes before finally speaking.
"Don't call me that..."

Charlotte's eyes widened slightly as so did everyone else's in response to Daniel's hold hearted answer.

"What?" Charlotte said, somewhat confused.

Daniel turned his back to her.
"I said... DON'T CALL ME THAT!
He yelled with a mix of anger and sadness.

"I-I Don't understand-" Charlotte responded but was cut off by Daniel.

"YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO CALL ME YOUR BROTHER WHEN YOU WERE BEARLY EVEN IN MY LIFE TO BEGIN WITH!"
Daniel screamed at his so called 'sister' with tears in his eyes.

Charlotte paused for a moment.
"Daniel... I-"

"SAVE IT!" Daniel spat.
"YOU DIDN'T CARE ABOUT ME WHEN WE WERE BACK AT HOME SO WHY DO YOU CARE NOW?!"

There was a tense silence which settled in around the group.
Charlotte didn't know what to say. At least not until Kori gave her a nudge on the side of her wing.

Kori gave Charlotte a significant to which she understood.
"Daniel... I'm.. I'm sorry, for everything... I know I was a terrible sibling and I should of treated you better... But please... You're still my brother, even if you don't want to be..."

Charlotte paused, she waited for Daniel to react but when he simply stayed silent she decided to keep speaking.
"I made some stupid mistakes... I know that now... And I know that I hurt you more than I probably realise... But we're the only family we have left..." Charlotte said but soon fell silent.

Daniel sighed before speaking in a softer more neutral tone.
"It's good that you're alive... Charlotte.... But I'd rather that this is the last time we meet... I don't want you tangled up in this mess with me"

Charlotte scoffed. "Bit late for that ain't it?"

Daniel shot her an annoyed glare.
"Glad to see you haven't changed a bit" he said sarcastically, ignoring his sister's hurt reaction before rolling his eyes.
"Forget It. I can't be bothered to deal with this right now..."