Ticking Sand

They all stared at the scroll as the phrase disappeared from it, leaving them staring at the parchment in the dead of night.

"Well what are we waiting for? Let's get a move on!" Daniel shouted as he broke everyone out of their shocked trance.

He took off running on his talons because his wings were about to give out on him after the massive flight they had.

The rest of the group followed him as they entered into the now dry depths of the ocean.
It made no sense at all, but clearly these scrolls of chaos are much more powerful then animus magic.

They continued to walk, back cloaks dragged along the damp sandy sea floor.
A few crabs scurried along from out in front of them and into the wall of water.

Daniel looked around at the supernatural scene in front of him.
The walls of water stretched upwards and it was only then that he realised how deep they actually were.

The walls were nearly as tall as the Great ice wall if not larger and appeared to be up to what Daniel estimated as around seventy meters.
As they neared the palace they witnessed the true mind-bending scene they were in.

A think layer of water, maybe twenty or so meters thick seemed to just float above the palace, like it was suspended in zero gravity.

He couldn't get his mind around it.
As he looked up it appeared as if he was looking down at the ocean, nothing seemed to make sense, and if it wasn't for Star snapping him out of his own trance his mind would still be melting.

"Hey, are you alright?" she asked as she placed a talon on Daniels shoulder.

He flinched a little as he turned to her.
"Yeah, I'm alright, just this magic is a little too weird for me"

"Oh tell me about it, this is just... I mean do I even have to say anything here?" Peril exclaimed as she pointed to the suspended roof of water.

A school of colorful fish swam past inside the suspended water for a brief moment before swimming out of view.

"Yeah I think we all see it..." Turtle said before he laughed a little. "What do you think Wolf and Scorch would think of they saw this?"

"HA!" Winter barked, "That Sand snorter would never shut up about it, if he was here we'd never hear the end of it!"

"Sounds about right" Daniel agreed, "I'm not really sure how Wolf would react to be honest."

"She would probably be really surprised, as well as the fact that she would also not know what to say considering she tends to be quiet."
Kinkajou said in a formal like tone which caught Daniel off guard.

He shot her an odd look that she noticed.

"What?" she asked.

He shook his head, "Nothing, don't worry about it"
He turned back to the deep palace they were nearly arriving to.

'That was strange... Normally Kinkajou doesn't have that kind of tone to her personality. She's normally childish and energetic...'

He first saw it in the Scorpion den, after she killed those three Sandwings in Vultures compound she was never really the same.

'Even back at school she seemed more... Quiet, less energetic and a lot more... Aggressive...',

He didn't know what happened to her, it was like after those first acts of homicide... She changed...

'It's like she's losing her innocence... Her empathy... The happy parts of her that made Kinkajou who she is... It's like they're slowly being erased...'