you get hurt in a rumble ::

🌟 Their Reaction To You Getting Hurt In A Rumble

Slang: juiced up (pumped/amped)

¬¬¬

Johnny Cade:

You knew Johnny didn't want you to fight - he told you time and time again that it was a nasty, ugly thing - but you insisted on joining the gang. You didn't regret it either, at least not until you had two socs whooping on you at once. With one's hand laced in your hair, tugging aggressively at the roots and positioning your head upwards, another's fists came down smack across your face. You felt your head might spin straight off. In the chaos of the fight, you'd lost sight of Johnny, but upon seeing the damage he was fuming. He was beside himself in anger. It took a lot to get Johnny this mad, but seeing you hurt definitely struck a nerve. You could've mistaken him for Dal, he was so juiced up.

Darrel Curtis:

A chain fight was nothing to you, as much as it may have stung to get hit. You convinced yourself and an apprehensive Darry that you could handle it. It wasn't like you hadn't before. For a while, you had the upper hand, that is, until the soc you were fighting got you to the ground. With a chain clasped around your throat, your fingers fought against the metal to keep your airway open. Thankfully, Darry barreled his way through the fray, knocking the soc flat into the mud. He sent a nasty look in your direction as he moved on -whether it was for you or the soc, you didn't know. What you did know was that your neck ached for weeks afterwards, tender to the touch.

Ponyboy Curtis:

As much as he protested, you couldn't forgive yourself if you let Pony head into a rumble without you. Stubborn as you were, you knew what you were getting yourself into. It didn't take long for you to be completely overwhelmed by a much larger soc who showed no mercy. Between punches and kicks, you fought back as best you could. It was when he grabbed a rock and beat you across the face that you were finally subdued. Pony dragged you out of there like his life depended on it. You could only shush his reprimands and curses, reminding him your head may explode if you heard one more complaint. Pony cleaned the wound the rock left behind as best he could, hurt that you were hurt.

Sodapop Curtis:

The only reason Soda let you fight was because it was skin against skin. The socs had agreed to no ropes, chains, or knives. It was supposed to be a good, fair fight between everyone. At first, it really seemed it would be, but somewhere between the blows, you'd gotten stuck by a blade. It hurt something fierce, but through the adrenaline, you finished the fight. The pain didn't truly set in until you made it back to the Curtis's house. That's when Sodapop noticed, beating himself up for not seeing it sooner. He took you straight to the hospital to get stitched up. As he sat by your bedside, he refused help from any of the nurses who fussed over his wounds, just wanting them to focus on you instead.

Keith Matthews:

Two-Bit knew he didn't stand a chance arguing with you. Your mind was made up and you were going to fight in that rumble, whether it be with his support or not. He tried to stay by your side the whole time, but the confusion quickly broke you two apart. A couple of socs ganged up on you, pinning your arms behind your back while the others repeatedly beat on you. A cry rung out across the lot as you felt your shoulder dislocate from their tight grasp. Unfortunately for Two-Bit, he was stuck with the job of popping it back into place after the rumble. He couldn't help but cringe and profusely apologize afterward, wiping away your tears. 

Steve Randle:

You could've sworn that you and Steve might have a rumble of your own when you told him you were coming to the fight. The look on his face was dangerous. At that moment, you'd of rather taken on 10 socs. Of course, when the real rumble came, you were thankful it was only you against one. It felt like a steel bull had hit you, sending you to the ground and knocking the wind out of you. You gasped, earning profuse kicks to the gut. That only made things worse. You weren't sure what happened next, but Steve was there to comfort you after the fight. Your chest was bruised, and you couldn't move without wincing, but you'd be damned if you admitted Steve was right.

Dallas Winston:

Dal knew you were tough, but that didn't mean he wanted you to get caught in the midst of a rumble. He made you swear that you'd come find him if it got too rough, but you didn't listen - of course you didn't. You were no wimp and you didn't need Dallas Winston's help. Even as you were spitting out blood, which you were sure was from biting through your own lip, you couldn't bring yourself to stop fighting. It just wasn't in your nature. You knew Dal would kill you when he found out, and boy did he give you an earful. While he helped patch you up, it wasn't without attitude. He made you promise to tell him if you ever saw who busted your lip around town.

¬¬¬

This chapter is inspired by @DalWinchester's Outsiders story- please go check it out! One of their chapters gave me the inspo.
-Shaunessy