holding your baby ::

🌟 When He is Holding Your Baby For The First Time

Slang: none

¬¬¬

Johnny Cade:

Johnny was floored. He absolutely couldn't believe that your baby boy was finally here. Looking back on it, he knew that all the fear and late nights were worth it just for this bundle of joy. Scooping his cooing son into his arms only confirmed that thought.

"He's amazing, Y/N," he spoke through teary eyes, a happy smile on his face," I just can't believe we made him. My heart feels so full of love right now, i-it's insane."

His eyes scanned his son's face, features glowing with pure enchantment. Simultaneously, your eyes scanned Johnny. He was right, you thought, there was so much love pooling in my chest. As your husband stood enamored with your baby at your bedside, you knew that there had never been a scene so perfect.

Darrel Curtis:

"She's so little," Darry chuckled as he held your daughter closely. "I didn't think she'd be this small."

You noticed tears threatening to spill from the corners of his eyes the more he spoke. Yet, Darry couldn't have cared less. He was too focused on how fragile she was. Her skin was soft in comparison to his rough, calloused hands. It was a contrast that showed just how difficult his life had been. In that moment, he promised himself that he'd give the beautiful, dainty girl in his arms all of the opportunities and love he could.

"Glory," he began again, wiping away some of the tears that fell, "she's already got me bawling. She ain't even a week old and her old man is wrapped around her finger."

Ponyboy Curtis:

"I want another one." He bluntly stated nearly seconds after holding your baby in his arms.

"Ponyboy," you laughed, looking to the man sitting beside you, "we literally just had one. I'm tired for now."

He begrudgingly shrugged, grinning as he gently stroked back some of your daughter's wild hair. His eyes pooled with love as he looked down at his beloved child, softening at the small noises she made.

"We make some damn cute kids." He finally spoke.

You smiled, reaching over to place your finger in her tiny hands, "we do, don't we?"

Sodapop Curtis:

"Soda," you giggled, watching as he peeled his shirt from his body, "what are you doing? We're still in public! Curtains can only hide so much."

He only threw you a small smirk over his shoulder, setting the clothing aside. He looked so soft and vulnerable in that moment.

"Listen," he spoke, settling down beside your hospital bed, "I know I'm not much of a reader, but I saw in one of those baby books that skin-to-skin contact is good for newborns. May I?" He motioned towards your twin boys.

Internally, you melted, gently and comfortably placing your sons in his arms. He was so sweet, you gushed as they nuzzled against his bare collarbones.

Keith Matthews:

It was rare to see Two-Bit speechless, but as you settled down for a long night in the hospital after your daughter's birth, you enjoyed a moment of silence.

"Keith?" You asked, pulling his attention away from the baby resting on your chest, "would you like to hold her?"

He bit his lip, hiding a smile as he began, "well, 'course."

He held her like glass, cooing at her as her tiny hands clamped the air. It wasn't until you heard a yelp that the peace was ruined. Your family's laughter soon filled the room.

"She pulled my hair!" He said with shock, a chuckle beneath his breath, "little trickster..."

Steve Randle:

"Y/N, I love you, and I absolutely adore our baby, but how in the world do I hold her?" Steve looked to you with helpless eyes, holding her somewhat awkwardly away from his body.

You smiled, simply proud that he was trying.

"Hold her against your chest, Steve. You'll both be more comfortable that way. I know she's tiny, but don't be afraid. She doesn't bite."

He glared, unimpressed by your statement, yet took your advice.

"I'm not scared of a kid..." he grumbled, gently repositioning her as his smile grew.

Dallas Winston:

"Dally, she's your daughter. You'll regret not holding her someday." You said with rising annoyance.

You knew this wasn't planned, but he was absolutely ready for this. Meanwhile, Dally sat in the chair next to you, freaking out. He didn't think he could do it, and his wildly bouncing leg and nail biting showed it.

"Here," you said, finally taking matters into your own hands as you manually placed your daughter into his arms.

He studied her face against his chest. Unknowingly, she began to grasp at his necklace, and against his will, he looked up at you with the widest grin.