when you fight ::

🌟 When You Fight

Slang: having a cow (become angry, excited, or agitated), hassle (to fight), flake off (scram or get lost)

¬¬¬

Johnny Cade:

Your fights are typically over Johnny's image of himself. You especially notice the tension he feels inside after getting into scraps with his parents. It breaks your heart to hear him talking about how no one cares enough, how he feels hopeless, and that he can't see the end of this torment. You get frustrated when he refuses your advice and support, as well as when he fends off your encouragement and comforting touch. He gets mad that you're wasting your time on him, a dumb, unfortunate greaser. You, of course, don't ever agree with that. Your fights are typically serious, but short lived. You quickly make up because you both genuinely care for one another.

Darrel Curtis:

Darry constantly feels mentally stretched over a thousand miles, stressed, and pressured to be a great, hard working guy. He's pulled in a million different directions everyday, and once in a while, he snaps. You weren't talking about just a little argument or him having a cow, you meant screaming matches and broken items laying strewn about the house. Darry never seemed to calm down at times like this and you usually got into it over his kid brothers, who you thought he was way too harsh and unforgiving with. You didn't understand why he had to be so uptight. The fights lasted long into the night, but by morning, you both typically simmered down enough to apologize to each other and his brothers.

Ponyboy Curtis:

Ponyboy always thought he had the upper hand in an argument due to his smarts. He was witty and, believe it or not, he had no difficult time biting his tongue. He'd scream at you, grab his hair in frustration, and try to push you away when you got too close to his face. You were just as guilty as Pony, though. You'd punch his chest when he'd try to hug you and ignore him like a child would. You always got into it over the little things too, like a comment he made to the boys or a joke that went too far. You'd both have your hour or two to simmer down, but by the end of the day, you'd be attached at the hip again. The gang always picked on you for how dumb your fights were, causing you both to feel even more guilty.

Sodapop Curtis:

You and Sodapop are never ones to fight with each other unless it's a serious problem. As a result, you really only have one recurring argument and it's over how carefree he is. Admittedly, you worry that he'll end up doing something too stupid or reckless, and that he may get hurt on one of his little adventures. You love Sodapop so much, so your concerns came from a good place, but he thought you were being too unreasonable and controlling. Your fights were rarely screaming matches. You were no strangers to whisper yelling with wild hand gestures. You'd usually turn to leave, tired and stressed, but he'd grab you by the wrist, turn you around, and kiss you, ending the fight.

Keith Matthews:

Two-Bit, undoubtedly, has a problem with thinking things through. He is a very in-the-moment person and takes things as they come. You, however, are a planner. You like organization and you like to have your details in check. It's because of this that it infuriates you when Two-Bit just says or does as he pleases without any regard for others and their feelings. Like, for example, when he insults people. He claims they're just jokes, and you claim they're just rude. You have a tendency to hassle him over it. You usually have some small screaming matches that end with you both storming to different sides of the house, or you'll flake off for a few hours. Somehow, that boy always manages to slowly rope you back in by the end of the day.

Steve Randle:

The both of you get into over how one-sided your relationship can feel. You understand that he's a guy and that the gang is important to him, but he spends way too much time with them in your opinion. When it comes down to it, his friends and his job ALWAYS come before you. He doesn't know how to maintain a serious relationship well enough and you sometimes think you're the only one who cares. Steve doesn't take others feelings into consideration often, and that can sometimes include you. Your fights are pretty mellow on his end, with him brushing you off and saying you need to be less clingy, while you go off on him. You won't make up until you have to go get gas at the DX.

Dallas Winston:

It's no secret that you worry for Dally constantly. He's acts way too cocky and rude for your liking and, boy, does it stress you out. The moment he walks out of that door, your mind wonders to all the horrible possibilities that his attitude could get him into. You worry that he'll end up hurt, or even worse sometimes. It's just a force of habit, and you can't stop the anxiety that grows in your gut when you can't keep an eye on him. You usually have pretty intense fights, with Dally calling you paranoid and telling you to lay off because he doesn't need a babysitter. You always try to leave, but when he starts calling you baby and sweet talking you, you're putty in his hands again.