when socs mess with you ::

🌟 What Happens/His Reaction When Socs Mess With You

Slang: rattled (shaken up), kiss off (tell someone to leave/stop), tee'd off (angry/upset), square (someone uncool), upchuck and die (phrase used to show intense hatred), flip out (to lose your cool; get overemotional)

¬¬¬

Johnny Cade:

It always irked Johnny and he made sure to comfort you afterwards. You both had bad run-ins with Socs at one time or another, so you were always pretty rattled and Johnny understood why. He definitely sympathized with you, unable to wrap his head around why people could be so cruel and condescending towards each other.

Darrel Curtis:

Given you were Darry's girl, he definitely stuck up for you in those situations, but it wasn't often that a Soc messed with you. When it did happen, Darry would try to remain civil. He'd often pull them to the side to have a "talk" (although it was usually Darry who did most of the talking). Needless to say, they'd never mess with you again, so you guessed it worked.

Ponyboy Curtis:

Ponyboy would usually get you out of the situation as fast as possible, but you were definitely quiet after a Soc got to you. So, to fix it, he would try to make you smile by telling bad jokes he'd overheard from Two-Bit. They were always more corny than funny, but it did get a laugh out of you. You made sure to thank Ponyboy for caring so much each time.

Sodapop Curtis:

Sodapop would always tell those Socs to kiss off. He had very little tolerance for rude and negative people as is, but when their negativity was focused on you, it only got Sodapop tee'd off. Soon after, he'd give you a tight embrace to ease both his and your nerves. You two just wanted to move on because you knew you had better things to fuss over.

Keith Matthews:

He would typically cheer you up and stop Socs from messing with you all at once. He'd barge onto the scene and interrupt the Socs with some smart comments aimed at making fun of them. From calling them square to telling them to upchuck and die, Two-Bit really didn't hold back. Soon, the Socs would get annoyed, but you'd be left behind cracking up with Two-Bit.

Steve Randle:

Steve, to put it lightly, absolutely hated when anyone messed with you. Period. It was nonnegotiable and everyone knew. Well, except for the Socs. Steve would always flip out on them and try to get into a fight in order to stick up for you. Sometimes he did manage to rile them up, but usually you had to stop the situation from escalating and drag him away.

Dallas Winston:

Dally got pretty moody when Socs tried to mess with you. He knew that you were tough, but that didn't stop him from egging them on by spitting at their feet and laughing at them. He definitely wasn't one to play nice, especially when the Socs went after what was his. If you had to estimate, you'd say that Dallas Winston had slashed a handful of tires in your honor.