he doesn't say it back ::

-If you are uncomfortable with sexual references, Sodapop's story is not for you. While nothing happens, there are plenty of heated moments. If you're not okay with that type of content, please ignore his preference.

¬¬¬

🌟 He Doesn't Say Something Important Back to You

Slang: a hassle (someone who bothers or disturbs you), keen-o (something or someone that is cool), brew (beer), hep (with it/someone who understands the situation), thicker than a $5.00 malt (someone not too bright {malts were 30 cents back then}), going steady (dating one special person), fox (an attractive person)

¬¬¬

Johnny Cade:

Saying: "I'm sorry."

Rounding the corner of the school with a defeated look, your eyes caught sight of your retreating boyfriend, Johnny. A lopsided look crossed your features, given that he had said he'd walk home from school with you. However, judging by the distance he had already managed to create between himself and the building, it seemed he had no intention of sticking around to wait. Maybe he forgot, you convinced yourself. It seemed that was likely, so you picked up your pace in order to catch up to him.

"Johnny! There you are," you said as you approached him, slowing to a jog. "Did you forget you were going to walk me home?"

"No," he shrugged, jamming his hands into his pockets.

No? You were unnerved by now. Was Johnny just plain out snubbing you, then?

"Oh," you simply stated, allowing your insecurities to get the best of you, "So, what happened? Johnny, did I do something wrong?"

He let out a deep breath, turning to you with venom in his eyes. You were frightened, to say the least. You'd never seen Johnny's mood change so quickly, nor had you ever seen him look this annoyed. If anything, you expected this kind of behavior from Dallas.

"Would you just leave me alone! Maybe I didn't want to walk you home, huh? I can't catch a break from you. You're always around, and I can't get you off my heels!" He shouted, his posture tense and his breath shallow.

"I-I didn't know that I was such a hassle," You said quietly, looking down with a red face and a lump in your throat.

Your voice cracked as you met his gaze again.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you so upset, but you don't have to yell at me." You wiped away a tear that threatened to spill, continuing on. "You could've just said something, and I would've given you some room to breathe. Just, stop screaming in my face."

"Whatever," he bitterly cursed under his breath, eyes softening a little, "it don't matter anyhow. I 'spose you found me." He continued walking, hands buried even deeper into his pockets.

You silently let small tears slip from your eyes the rest of the way home, noticing Johnny's hesitant glances back at you. Even if he knew the tears were because of his outburst, not once did he say sorry for the way he treated you. That, you concluded, hurt worse than his yelling.

Darrel Curtis:

Saying: "I want to have kids."

Walking back from the park, you observed the mothers and fathers play with their children, running and laughing with joy. You'd be lying if you said you weren't somewhat green with envy. You had always wanted to be a parent, ever since you were little. Even now, at 21, you craved the idea. The only problem was Darry, your fiance. Any time that you had brought up the subject, he found a way to avoid it. It truly broke your heart.