Do you have any plans for future? like having kids?

It's been thirty minutes in the car and I'm still looking out of the window staring at Laurence restaurant.

I just can't bring myself going there.

This is nerve wrecking.

Take deep breaths.

But yes, I didn't help it only made matter worse.

"Are we going in or not? " The voice made me realise I'm not alone.

It nearly scared me.

I put my hand to chest.

"Can you not say anything when I'm panicking? " I looked at him horrified.

"We were supposed to in there pacifically thirty eight minutes late and I'm never late" He is trying to hide he is mad.

"You don't panic I know but I'm normal human"I reasoned quite sarcastically.

"It's so normal of you panicking because of your mom, missRose"

"Fine let's go" We both got out of car.

For the last time I took deep breaths trying the green environment around me to calm myself.

Vincent stand by my side.

Just like we practised.

I put my hand around his arm and him holding the same hand.

Right now, I want to turn back and run away.

"Are....... Are we really ready? " I asked.

There was a paused.

He gave my hand light tap like reassuring me.

I look at him.Fedling some weird twists in my stomach.

"You want to say, all the practice we did was just in vain? " He seriously answers.

It somehow made me smile.

I did have little hope.

"We can't be more ready" I enthusiastically exclaimed.

We both walked , to fourth floor .

The private one.

Three......

Two........

One.......

You can do it.

We both chuckles when both look at each other and for nothing, obviously.

It should look like we are laughing on some silly jokes.

Our eyes met to the giant table in front of us.

I froze. I almost let go of my facade.

Vincent's father.

Sitting beside my mom

Tyler gave me the same confused look but we kept our composure.

They are watching intensly.

I sat beside Vincent.

"Good evening and merry Christmas Mom" I firstly said to my mom.

"Good evening and merry Christmas Mr. -dad" I quickly corrected myself.

I gave them warm smile so I don't seem rude.

My mom smiled. Waitress came and is ready to take orders.

"What you would like Adalynn, dear? " Her mom speaks in polite manner.

"Balsamic-glazed steak rolls, chocolate sofflé, scotch egg and chateau Margaux wine please" I politely ordered with a smile.

I think food is the only thing that could make me feel good right now.

"What would you like sir? " Waiter asked Vincent.

He just pointed out two dishes and he never bothered to say thank you.

I mean come on, it's Vincent Harrington.
We never see him smile (of course he smile family when we are acting) let alone a thank you.

His dad and my mom also ordered.

I have never saw my mom taking anything except red pasta or nicely cooked steak with salad.

Dinner was served.

There is deadly silence.

I could feel everyone here is calculated about their next move.

How mom cuts her steak like she is too focused on it but suddenly look up at us(me and Vincent) like trying to catch us off guard.

That's why I'm afraid of my mom.

She could sense lie by just looking at you.

But maybe this time she didn't noticed or our acting skills had gotten better because she did not said a single word.

On the other hand, Vincent's dad Alexander Harrington is a silent man.

But his silence seems to be most scary thing.

He would not look from his plate but make sure everyone knows that he notice everything.

It's just so foolish of both of them to say it is as 'FAMILY DINNER' because it seems more like last final semester exam to me.

If you fail you are doomed.
If you win nobody is gonna stop you.

And I have no plan to lose. Not after everything I've gone through.

No just not yet.

"Vincent, Ada Lynn we want to talk to you about something very important" My mom firmly stated.

Like always, I don't get any expression from her. She is calm like she has all the time in this world.

"Mrs.Rose is right" His dad agreed willing his mouth gently from napkin.

I suddenly felt something very kind of pain in my stomach. I had every time I'm nervous.

Did they already found out?

Now I need to be stuck in this 'this-is-no-love' marriage forever?

What about the future I want?

I felt like falling from a skyscraper and nothing to hold on to save life.

They are scaring the living daylights out of me.

"Wh-woat do you mean?" This just shows how much nervous I'm.

"You both are heirs of biggest companies. Vincent is took over the company a long time ago and you Adalynn chose a different career"my mom says.

She then continues with her eating.

This suspense is killing and the women which is my mom is enjoying her food peacefully.

"We both worked so hard for this empire we built which also means there are rivals everywhere. We have seen you get along so well through some information we got(you mean literally spying right?) "

Then he start eating his food and mum start talking.

"We want our legacy to  continue. After Vincent, after Adalynn there will be no leader to take care of the companies. " She puts her fork down and looks at me seriously.

Spoon already slips out of my hand as i look at her totally not okay.

Vincent looks at ease but still I can sense he is not liking the direction of this conversation.

"Do have any plans for future? Like having the next heir of the Rose and The Harrington companies ? "

I'm silent

He is silent.

"Like having a kid? "

Him chocking on the spaghetti and me bumping the dinner table because of astonishment is something that will become my next new nightmare.

"Are you both okay?" Mom asked with concern.

"It's okay" I replied for both of us since Vincent still gasping for air.

Nothing could have prepared for this.