04.

How Can Someone Make A Person So Happy?

"From now onwards, I'll be sharing with you everything that's going on in my love life!" Hinata proclaimed.

"I'm the last person you should be sharing all that with," Kageyama responded. "Why is that?" Hinata pouted. "I'm not that interested. Neither do I have so much knowledge on this topic to give you any advice or anything." Kageyama reasoned, "So don't keep high expectations."
"Doesn't matter," Hinata insisted, "No one knows apart from you, so I can't tell all this to others anyway!"

"Tsk. Of all people, why did it only have to be me who gets to know about this shit?" Kageyama clicked his tongue. "Hey! You're hurting my feelings, you know?" Hinata grumbled, "I've said it only to you because I thought we were best friends!"
"Alright, alright," Kageyama uttered as he sighed in defeat, "Don't start with the 'best friends' topic all over again." He gave up on putting up a fight. He knew he couldn't escape the situation anyway.

Hinata chuckled. "All you gotta do is listen to whatever I've got to say."
"Annoying but fine," Kageyama agreed, reluctantly. "Alright, It's time for me to go now," Hinata said as he stood up from the chair, "Later!" The redhead left the classroom and Kageyama's next class began.

What else do I have to go through just for the sake of being best friends with him? He wondered.

───── ─────

Kageyama waited for Hinata at the school gate. Apparently, he had some business to attend to after practice. Obviously, Kageyama knew he went to meet Kenji, his boyfriend. He's taking too long. Thought Kageyama. Should I leave? He turned around and was about to walk away when...
"Kageyama!" He heard a familiar high-pitched voice call out his name. He halted and turned back again.

There, at a distance, he could see a small figure sprinting towards him while waving. Once the redhead reached the taller, he bent down and held his knees in exhaustion. "I'm sorry, I made you wait for so long!" Hinata apologized while panting as he ran to catch up with Kageyama. "You better be," Kageyama stated. "I know, I am," Hinata said as he fixed his posture, "Let's go now."

After Hinata retrieved his bicycle, they started walking toward their respective destinations together as usual. The walk was silent, sort of peaceful, and not awkward. Though they might be discussing volleyball or bickering usually, there still were times when they'd just quietly walk home together, and so it felt... normal.

"Kenji said he'll be going to the same university as me," Hinata spoke up, breaking the silence. "Which university are you planning to go?" Kageyama inquired. "Whichever university scouts me first," Hinata replied, "What about you?"
"I've been given many offers, most of them will only scout me under one condition though," Kageyama rejoined.
"That is?" Hinata asked. "Along with Hinata," Kageyama answered. Of course, the freak, dynamic duo was demanded by a lot of universities; so it was only natural that these two were bound to go to the same university.

"I see. Which one do you think should we pick?" Hinata questioned, "We better make up our minds soon, you know? Our third year of high school is ending in half a month." That's right. They were third-years.
"I know. I have one in mind," Kageyama answered. "Go ahead, tell me about it," Hinata urged.
"Silver Leaf University," Kageyama disclosed, with a smug expression on his face. Hinata was taken aback, his eyes lit up and a wide smile formed on his face - he seemed overjoyed.

"Whoa! That's one of the most popular universities in Tokyo!" Hinata exclaimed. "Yeah. What do you say? Should we take up the offer?" Kageyama queried. "Of course! They've got excellent volleyball players too!" Hinata remarked. "Hm. Silver Leaf Uni it is then." Kageyama concluded.
"Mhm! I'll let Kenji know about it!" Hinata informed. "Your wish," Kageyama commented.

"Haah~ I can't believe we'll be graduating soon!"
"Time flies."
"You haven't changed at all though, Kageyama!"
"Speak for yourself."

───── ─────

A few days had passed and Kageyama and Hinata were still competitive in their friendship than ever. "And... Jump!" Shouted Tsukishima as he and two other new players jumped in unison, flawlessly blocking the ball over the net.
This was their last practice together with the new Karasuno members; given, they were graduating soon. They were having this match just for fun; just for the memories. A memorable match that the third years - Yamaguchi, Tsukishima, Kageyama and Hinata will bear in their hearts forever even after bidding their farewell to Karasuno.

"Whoa! Tsukishima is so cool!" Kenji complimented.

"He sure is," his friend replied, "I'm his biggest fan!" Kenji stood behind the railing while eagerly observing the team play on the court below. As much as he wanted to pay attention to all the members, a certain redhead effortlessly kept catching his eye constantly.
Maybe it was because he admired Hinata so much that he couldn't take his eyes off him; that everyone who is not Hinata disappeared in his sight whenever he was present.

Each time he jumped and spiked, each time he sprinted, each time he received sloppily, each time he even made a mistake, everything about Hinata was overflowing Kenji's heart with absolute bliss. The way he smiled or laughed, the way he patted the first and second year's backs as though he was a versatile 'senpai,' it was all so adorable about him causing Kenji to be unable to resist himself and smile.

Hinata only noticed his lover, standing behind the railings above, when he was taking a water break. With pink tinted cheeks and a wave of lovely warmth filling up his heart at the sight of his lover, he smiled at him widely and waved more happily than ever.
That dummy, what a surprise. Hinata thought. So he lied to me that he wouldn't be able to make it to see me play today.

When Kageyama noticed the redhead, he looked towards the direction he was waving at. There he saw an unfamiliar figure. It was someone with blonde hair, gray eyes and a decently tall height. Is that... Denji? Kenji? Benjiro? Kageyama wondered. Shit I can't remember the name.

Judging by the way those two were radiating happiness towards each other, he must have been Hinata's boyfriend, concluded Kageyama. His gaze drifted back to Hinata and he observed how overjoyed he appeared.

How can someone make a person so happy? Pondered Kageyama.