27.

I'll Find You Again, Like Destiny.

THE FOLLOWING DAY

"Uhm... hello," Kageyama stammered, "Oikawa-san."

"What did you want from me at this hour?" Oikawa asked from the other side of the phone, annoyed that his morning cuddling session was interrupted by a call from his ex-teammate.

"Sorry for bothering you... but..." Kageyama hesitated. Was it really a good idea to ask him for a piece of love advice?

"Tsk. Quit beating around the bush," Oikawa hissed.

"You see, Kunimi wasn't picking up the call..." Kageyama began, "So I couldn't think of any alternative other than calling you."

"Yeah, he had gone on a date with Kindaichi." Oikawa informed nonchalantly, "Don't disturb him."

"A date-" Kageyama paused when he realized that Kunimi had told him about his feelings for Kindaichi before. "Right, they're dating," he continued.

"Enough talking about Kunimi," commanded Oikawa, "What did you need?"

"You see I... I might have..." Kageyama stuttered, "Developed feelings for... Erm-... Hinata."

"Oh... Guess what?"
"What?"
"I'm not even surprised."
"Huh?!"

"Yeah. Now what exactly did you call me for?" Oikawa questioned, keeping his calm because he needed to appear cool and composed in front of his junior no matter how desperately he wanted to snuggle up next to his lovely boyfriend, Iwaizumi, as soon as possible.

"Uhm... I don't know how to... like... confess to him..." Kageyama clarified, "I mean... I already have but-"

"WHAT?! You already have?!" That piece of information came like a bolt from the blue to Oikawa. He always knew Kageyama was a gutsy person; reserved and candid. But he didn't envision him to excel in the field of love and romance with that personality of his.

"Yeah... but he was drunk... I doubt he'll remember any of those," Kageyama replied.
"What if he does?" The latter asked.
"Then good... but if he doesn't..." Kageyama answered, "I should keep a Plan B ready."
"Whoa..." Oikawa's astonishment was heard through his voice, "You've matured, Tobio."
"Pardon-" Kageyama was cut off by a...

noise.

"Uhm, Oikawa-san, let's save this conversation for later," Kageyama said and Oikawa agreed before they hung up. He turned his head, focusing his eyes on the doorframe of the kitchen, not perceiving anything.

What was that? Kageyama wondered after he stood up from the dining table where the homemade breakfast, that he had prepared for himself and Hinata (who was still asleep), was placed. "Shoyo? Was that you?" He called out as he walked out of the kitchen and into the living room.

He paused in his tracks when his eyes landed on Hinata who was at the entrance, ready to leave. "Uhh... Hey! Good morning... Tobio," he greeted with an awkward smile. The latter didn't reply, he scowled in a fret and folded his arms before glaring at the shorter. "What're you doing?" He asked, his voice stern and deep. He didn't receive an immediate response, but rather an uneasy Hinata fidgeting with his hands.

"You see... Uhh... I think I should get home," Hinata stammered, "I've troubled you enough."
"No. I've prepared breakfast," Kageyama stated, "We can talk while eating. Don't you think we should?"
"Erm- yeah... yeah, you're right... but..." Hinata happened to trail off, his eyes avoiding Kageyama's gaze at all costs.