Sushi Shortcomings

Author's Note: Picture of outfits above— sorry for the short chapter...just wanted to get an update in. School for me is over in like 2 weeks so after that expect (HOPEFULLY) more updates! xx. PS. also will be trying to figure out an update schedule, possibly Monday, Wednesday, Saturday? Idk three updates a week? UGH. much love. xx.

Samantha Anderson

"We are totally going out tonight after sushi with Aria," Riley said, slipping a pair of diamonds into her ears. "I need to get drunk and have sex I'll regret in the morning."

I laughed at my sister's bluntness, but also knew she was being a hundred percent honest. That was how she was. She was, to put it nicely, a bit of a slut. But I loved her for it.

"Honey, this is New York," I sighed, shaking my head. "this isn't necessarily the best city to go around and sleep with everything that walks."

"Don't kill my fun," Riley said, slipping her feet into incredibly high heels that I, even as a pro-heel walker, would have twisted an ankle in. She was just like that. Boisterous and spirited, always looking for dramatics and a hook-up. She was the graduated girl who couldn't get her head out of college. She was still a party girl, even if she was in her mid-twenties and should be preparing to settle down.

"You know, when we were kids, I never would have thought this is where we'd be," I admitted.

"What do you mean?" Riley responded, returning to her earlier position in front of my full length mirror and taking in the view. Her beauty had always been overwhelming for those around her. And right now was no exception. As usual, she looked better than I ever could. She had black, fringed shorts that made her tan legs look even tanner. Her chest was covered by a gold and black crop top, that allowed a full shot of her stomach.

I, on the other hand, looked different. Simple dress with an accent piece, earrings. Then, there was the beautiful, Louboutin's Louis had given me in honor of fashion week.

"Well, I'm the one with a job and a boyfriend. You're the free spirit. Roles were reversed back in high school," I chuckled, my honesty surprising her.

"I guess you're right," she said. "looking back, I was the mature one."

It was true, before I got to college and met Luke, I was the loud, party girl. The one who slept around and got drunk every weekend. But once I got into NYU and realized I needed to get my life together, that stopped and I became a homebody. It definitely helped that Luke was a year older than me and allowed me to mature faster.

Back in high school for Riley, though, was a different story. She was still her funny, loud self. But she was more reserved with people she didn't know, focusing on school to get into a good college.

But when she got rejected from Columbia, her number one school, she changed. Became reclusive to the family and more outgoing at school. Ignoring her grades and turning even further to my ways once she got into a big party school in California.