Questioning Investments

Author's Note: Hey guys! So as most of you saw (if you follow me) there will not be a sequel (check out my page to see why and all that) ALSO-- there's a new awards called the "fanfiction awards"  (https://www.wattpad.com/user/thefanfictionawards) and they've contacted me about letting you guys know-- so I just wanted to let you all know about it! It's a super cool thing and it would be great of you guys to nominate your favorite fanfictions and all that (: Thanks loves! xx. 

Samantha Anderson

I could think of a million things I should be doing. 

But none of them compared to the time with Harry. He was something I never saw coming. Something I shouldn't have seen coming. It had all happened so for us. Within a weeks, I had fallen so hard for him there was no going back. Even being with a man like Luke couldn't change the fact that I was hopelessly falling for Harry. He was difficult. And intense. And challenging. 

And everything I never really thought I'd want, but I supposed I needed. 

But I wanted him. Damn, did I want him. 

I lusted after him. Even if he was being a complete ass, something that wasn't really surprising of him.

"I hate New York at night," I admitted, sighing. He looked over at me in surprise.

"Really? This is the only time I like it," he said, breathing deeply. We both had been staring out the windows in silence. 

"I used to like it," I said to him, before you, I wanted to add. But I couldn't. Before Harry, the city at night was comforting. Not lonely like it is now. "It's just, it's dark and lonely comparable to how it is during the day. The action comforts me."

Harry slightly smiled next to me, "I like the quiet. I've always been the loner type."

"It's always shocked me how lonely you are," I admitted. "You just, I don't know, you seem more like playboy kinda guy." 

"That lifestyle has never fulfilled me, I tried it out about 2 years ago, didn't seem to go well for me or for my business. I enjoy the occasional beer and definitely the occasional girl, but it bores me now," he said, looking out at the street. "It also causes my peers to look down on me. It's one more reason for them to not believe in me." 

"It's incredible how much personal lives affect business," I said. "I mean look at just about every famous businessmen, athlete, or performer. They all get screwed within the press because of who they are hanging out with. I mean, look at when the press first spotted us together. Sure you're known for never going anywhere with the same girl, but it's not like you're some sex crazed idiot. But they made it out to be like this huge love affair. They acted like your personal life was more important than the incredible investments you were making. It drives me nuts."

He chuckled at my rant, smiling a bit, "I remember when that news broke. You freaked out."

"Because I had a boyfriend!" I laughed, shaking my head.

"Doesn't seem to stop you," he muttered, earning a glare from me.

"And you ruined it," I said, rolling my eyes.

"Damn it," Harry said, slapping his knee and giving me a boyish grin. 

I sighed, "You are the worst." 

"I've been told."

We continued to talk, almost as if we were friends. It was strange how that was happening. Digging the feelings deep was all I could do at this point. I liked him. A lot. But he didn't want me.