Paris Wonderings

Samantha Anderson

My life was slowly becoming like a song or movie. A cliche even. Here I was, hooking up with my boss. Working my dream job. And going to Paris. 

No complaints, however. It had been a week since Luke and I had ended. He hadn't called. Texted. Anything. But my mind was far from him. It was on a beautiful tux that was about to go down the Paris runway. Louis had asked just as Harry had said, and I accepted. I was smitten with fashion. Which was all I needed in this moment. 

"Travis, you have to have the jacket open, for God's sake," I snapped, adjusting the suit that sat on the absolutely beautiful model. Travis Queen was one of the models working with us and he was incredibly handsome and talented, but he had no eye for fashion. 

"Sorry, boss," he smirked, showing off his straight and white teeth. It was quite a sight. 

"Just get out there," I said, a slight smile on my face, as I rolled my eyes. For this show, Louis wanted me backstage working with the models, not watching. Which I understood, hands on was the only way to learn. 

"Samantha, which tie does this suit need?" a stylist asked me, drawing my attention to the absolutely flawless Francisco Lachowski. It was strange to be working with such hot men. But someone had to do it. 

"Skinny gray," I responded, handing her one of the ones that was flung on me. I took in the look. It was an edgy plaid suit that ended at the ankle. Black dress shoes clad his feet and a white shirt that was hardly buttoned sat below the jacket. The tie was to hang around his neck casually. 

It was a beautiful look that I had helped Louis create. Probably my favorite in the show. 

"This looks awesome guys, seriously," I said, a smile wide on my face.

"These are some of the best clothes I've worn," Francisco said to me, warmly smiling. My cheeks turned rosy at his words. It was hard not to blush when he was around. 

"I'll make sure to let Louis know," I told him, biting my lip. With that he began to walk down the long runway. 

The show was going perfectly. From my place backstage I could see Louis sitting in the front, his eyes lighting up with each suit, Harry sat next to him, looking bored. I silently chuckled. Harry's face was priceless and so him it was painful. 

Part of me was slightly disappointed I wasn't in the front row getting to watch the show, but the fact that I was trusted to help organize this backstage and basically make sure the show went on, was exciting. It felt like I was finally doing what I wanted to do. 

~

The after party was incredible. It felt like I was meeting every single person I aspired to be. I mean between DVF and Valentino, I was close to a panic attack every time a new face appeared. 

And it sure didn't help that Harry was beside me the entire night. 

"How are you feeling?" he asked, taking a sip of whiskey. 

"This is amazing," I said, a smile never leaving my face. He smirked at me and my excitement. 

"Are you happy you came?"

"What do you think?" I said to him, rolling my eyes. He silently wrapped his arm around my waist, one of the few signs of affection he's ever shown me in public and steered me towards the bar. 

I wasn't quite sure what we were to be considered. We were hooking up, but our relationship was beginning to become just that. A relationship. It was odd to even imagine it, but it seemed like it was possible that Harry could be growing feelings for me.