Friendly Encounters

Author's Note: Okay, well, this story is probably going to be ending soon-- tragic, I know. I'm figuring out 60 chapters? And there will be an epilogue, so patience my friends (: xx. love you all!

Harry Styles

My attitude at work today was the worst it had been in months. Since meeting Samantha, I found myself snapping less and less at people. But today, Harry Styles, CEO, was back.

"Jones, shut up and get back to work," I said to the whimpering man as he practically ran out of my office. I rolled my eyes, the man was so bloody incompetent. I scrolled through my emails, regretting letting Alexandra take off. 

I needed someone to fucking help me with all this bullshit. 

A knock appeared at my door and I sighed as it continued.

"Come in," I practically yelled as the door flew in. Niall Horan stepped in, both of them looking professional.

"Styles, my man," Niall chuckled, coming forward to shake my hand. I was shocked to see him. We didn't have a meeting or something? I was irritated at his sudden arrival, especially if he wasn't even scheduled to meet me.

"How are you?" I asked, sitting back down. 

"Fuckin' great mate, yourself?" Without giving me an opportunity to answer the question, he continued. "Let's go grab lunch, I was drivin' past your building and thought 'ey, haven't seen my mate Harry in a while, we should grab lunch', so here I 'm."

"I really don't have time, Niall," nor, do I want to, I wanted to add. But I wasn't about to lose a partner over my bad mood. Although I wasn't sure if this was a mood, or just how I truly was. 

"Yes you do, come one we're going. You need to have a drink, you look awful, mate," he said, standing up from his chair.

I sighed and stood up, putting my suit jacket on and following him. 

I was really going to regret this.

~

After a bottle of whiskey later, Niall and I were buzzed. 

I hadn't ever thought of us as that close, but apparently he was under the impression we were best friends. 

"Mate, I just don't know what do about m' lady," Niall told me, shaking his head and taking a sip of some Irish beer he had just ordered. "Like, I love her, but marriage is hard. I never saw it for myself."

"Niall, just be like me and fuck up every chance you have. It works pretty damn well," I muttered. Today was an angry drunk day. Every feeling I've ever had at Samantha seemed to be pouring out of me right now. 

Niall, on the other hand, was emotional and giggly. But also loved a good conversation.

"But I love her, you know?"

"Not really," I sighed. Love never really seemed to be in the cards for me. I don't think I've ever even been in love, and I really didn't think I'd have have it for someone else. 

Samantha was the closest I had to love and even that was still questionable. The only people I currently loved were my mother and my sister. 

That was it. 

"Girls are crazy mate," Niall told me, shaking his head and putting a cigar in his mouth. "But, God, I fucking love Claira. She's just bonkers sometimes. I'm sure you'll find that girl."

"Not so sure about that," I shrugged, taking another drink of whiskey. We had insisted on the top of the shelf stuff. It was damn good, much smoother than typical whiskey.