Rainy Days

Samantha Anderson 

It had been three months without him. Every day that passed was filled with pain and frustration. All I wanted was to see him. All I wanted was to hug him, but I couldn't bring myself to take the step to see him in London. I couldn't bring myself to go there and find him. To be with him.

The day at the airport had left me broken. I felt like it was some higher power telling me to not be with him. 

But, today, I knew that was wrong. Everything in my heart and soul told me he was the person for me, but as I stared at the computer screen at work, I knew he felt differently. 

The past few weeks were littered with reports of him jet setting around Europe, spotted with different models and actresses, but nothing confirmed. His business was soaring and he had moved on. 

I couldn't blame him. I was the one who didn't do everything in my power to find him. I was the one in a relationship when we met. I was the one who fucked everything up. He loved me. And it took we too long to accept that. 

So here I sat at Tomlinson Designs, still holding out for someone who was far too good for me. 

"Samantha," Louis said, sticking his head in. "Jones is here from marketing, he needs to discuss some information with you." 

"Thanks Lou," I smiled at him, closing out of my internet window. "I'll be right in." 

I brushed off my skirt as I stood and glanced in the mirror that stood in the corner of my office. I observed me outfit and my face. I looked tired. And sad. I fidgeted with the blouse I wore and glanced at the heels that stood on my feet. My style had suffered since Harry left. More black was in my wardrobe and my hair was almost never done. 

I quickly patted down my hair and readjusted my outfit before going into the conference room. Louis was sitting at the table with Jones from marketing. They began to discuss the women's line with me and I listened intently. Not really focused too intensely. It was hard to when I was so concentrated a million different things around me. 

Harry. Harry. Harry. 

"Does that sound good to you?" Louis asked me. 

"Uh, yeah, for sure!" I said, hoping I hadn't agreed to anything too horrible.

"Perfect, we'll set up the photoshoot in a week!" he said to me, shaking hands with Jones. I did the same. Once Jones was gone, Louis turned to me and sighed. 

"What is going on with you, Samantha? I know for a fact you weren't listening to a word either of us were saying," Louis responded, looking at me. "Is it Harry?"

"How...?"

"Aria," he said to me, sighing. "I know about the airport."

"Yeah, well, it's never gonna happen for us, and it's fine," I said, hoping to not sound too sad. "He's gone, and I'm dealing with it."

Louis groaned, "Go to London, Samantha. You know it's what you want. And I know it's what he wants. All those reports would really surprise you how untrue they all are." 

"I can't just go to London..." I trailed off, shaking my head. He looked at me with sadness in his eyes.

"You can and you will, you need to resolve things with him. You need resolution, Sammy, " he said to me. My heart pounded in my chest at his words. The thought of seeing Harry left me speechless and shocked. But I knew he was right. So right. 

For my heart, I needed to see him. Even if it was to be the last time. 

"You're right," I rasped, wiping my eyes of the tears that trickled down my cheeks. "I have to leave."