ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔖𝔦𝔵𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔫

There was a noise from one of the cave entrances and Helaena watched in horror as a massive black dragon with bright green eyes rose from there. The princess might have been a bit of an airhead but she, like anyone, could recognise the dragon before them.

A hand covered her mouth as she opened it to scream and her wide eyes looked back at her friend.

"You said you trusted me" she slowly nodded and tried to calm down.

Ж

Aurora was a little amused at her friend's expression as Thanatos made his way out of the cave he had been hiding in.

She walked forward with the other girl's hand clasped tight in her own. She asked Thanatos to lower his head and the large dragon allowed the gentle princess to press her hand to his brow.

Aurora then chided Thanatos for having flown there before ultimately hugging his snout and saying she had missed him to.

"So remember you tell no one" Aurora and Helaena made their way back to King's Landing quickly after their encounter with Thanatos.

There was a servant waiting for them already who was waiting for Helaena to take her to her mother.

"Goodbye my friend" the princess smiled at Aurora s she was led away by the person.

Aurora watched them leave with a practised smile and when they were out of sight she once again dropped the act she usually put up in front of others. She was going to make her way back to the beach where Thanatos was but a roar coming from the sky made her look up and forget all plans of seeing her dragon.

The large war dragon Vhagar landed on the hill close to the palace making the ground rumble a bit.
Her rider climbed down from the large dragon slowly.

"Stop right there lady Aurora" she froze and hissed when the prince shouted at her.

She faced him and the large dragon and waited for Aemond to climb down from Vhagar. Since the she-dragon didn't bother to get down closer to the ground Aurora crossed her arms and had to wait several minutes for him to make his way down to the ground.

"Hello lady" he said once he walked to her until he was in front of her.

"Aemond" she said stoically.

"You can get closer you know. If you have old Valyrian blood she won't do anything to you" he teased.

"Where did you hear that?" Aurora asked him.

"It is quite obvious. And the people in court talk a lot" he admitted.

Ж

Aemond watched with his hand placed on Vhagar' she neck as the young woman stepped closer. The large dragon lowered her head until it was level with her head.

Ж

Vhagar kept her eyes on the female human in front of her. Her rider was trying to keep her from attacking the stranger but the war dragon felt no such incline to do so. She wore a familiar scent on her that kept her from attacking her.

Ж

Aemond stared in surprise when Aurora placed her hand on his dragon's nose and the dragon closed her eyes, relaxing her body through a loud sigh.

Ж

Aurora left her hand still on the dragon's warm scales and once Vhagar relaxed she moved up from the nose to the cheek. Aemond moved aside to give her some space as she did so. Aurora stayed there a bit more, up until the point were the old war dragon started to half purr.

"Thank you Aemond" she spoke without bite to him.

Ж

Aemond stared at the older woman in slight astonishment when her tone softened towards him.

"Your welcome my lady" he said softly.

Ж

Aemond led Aurora back inside the palace with Vhagar following with long steps. The large dragon passed over them covering them with her large shadow as she slowly climbed down to the Dragon Pit. The dragon keepers stepped out of the way, hesitating to make the dragon move faster.

"Aemond is it true that your grandfather will be overseeing a hearing about discussing the heir of the DriftWood throne?" she asked.

"Where did you hear that?" he turned to her with his hands behind his back.

"The people in court talk a lot" she said back to him.

He sneered down at her mockingly and walked faster to get in front of her. Aurora smiled behind his back. Aemond had never been a bad kid in the series but he did have certain anger issues due to the jokes his older brother and younger nephews subjected him to all because he had not been able to get a dragon until a later age.

"Do you believe my father made the right choice with naming my half sister Rhaenyra his air?" he said without pausing.

"My house and myself will follow the heir claimed by the king. I honestly believe Rhaenyra to be the best choice since she is the firstborn" she straight up told him her actual opinion.

"But she's..." Aemond stoped talking when Aurora spent him a withering glare.

"A woman? Like Rhaenys was?" she hated the ideas the men in this time had about women "I am also a woman yet I could easily say I am far more accomplished than your other maesters"

"You are correct"Aemond admitted "So you will support Rhaenyra if anything happens"

"Oh you'll just have to see" Aurora shrugged her shoulders and held her arms behind her back clasped together.

She skipped ahead of him when they were going down the hall. He accompanied down to his father's room where she usually healed the king's wounds.

Ж

Viserys watched Aurora come into his room with his second son.

"Aemond you can leave" his wife stood and tried to make the young man leave but Viserys stopped her.

"No no, Alicent" he waved his hand while Aurora pulled out her usual glove and slipped them on "L'et the boy stay"

Ж

"Alright, how are they today Viserys?" she gently poked one of the sores.

"You ask every day the same thing and I tell you every day that they no longer hurt" Viserys said jokingly.

"I know that but I need to be sure"

Ж

The rest of the visit Alicent remained seating on the sofa across from her own husband with her head leaned on top of her hands which were clasped on her knees.
Aemond kept his eyes on Aurora as she worked. Her hands worked fast and she did twice the job most maesters would usually do on his father.

Her hair was getting into her face until he walked forward and held it up for her. Alicent threw her son a look but said nothing.

"There's a clasp for my hair in my satchel" she muttered as she remained concentrated in her work.

He reached into the bag she had hung from the chair and luckily it was empty enough so that he found the golden hair ornament easily. He pulled it out and took all the hair he could out of her face.

Ж

Aurora waited for Aemond to completely pick her hair up and then went to finish her work on the wounds. She stood and, as always, gave Alicent a few remedies. The queen thanked her and Aemond led her out of the room.