ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔗𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔶 𝔒𝔫𝔢

"I wish to raise my cup to her grace, the queen" she looked at Alicent as the auburn haired woman placed the mask back on her husband's face "I love my father. But I must admit that no one has stood more loyally by his side, than his good wife" both women shared a look of understanding "She his tended to him with utmost loyalty and unfailing devotion. And for that, she has my gratitude and apology"

The heir sat back down.

"Your graciousness moves me deeply princess" Alicent said "We re both mothers. And we both love our children. We have more in common than we sometimes allow. I raise my cup to you and your house" and she did so "You will make a fine queen"

Aurora snorted in the down low when she saw the look of absolute utter shock that appeared on Otto Hightower's face as he looked upon his daughter when she said that.

Ж

Aemond noticed her reaction and looked at his own grandfather realising why she had laughed.
He smiled as he took another sip of his wine like everyone else.

Ж

The ambiance turned good as everyone smiled. Aegon downed his drink in one go getting a scolding look from his grandfather. Aegon stood up for his place and walked right behind Baela.
He avoided Aurora's gaze as he leaned forward.

Aemond looked amused at his older brother's fear of the woman.

She knew what he whispered to the young Baela to make Jacaerys shoot up from his chair slamming his hands against the table.

Aemond went to stand up as well but was held down by Aurora. She grabbed his hand, squeezing until he relaxed and fully sat down.

There was a silence where Jacaerys and Aemond didn't break eye contact, until the Velaryon prince punched Aegon's shoulder 'playfully'.

"To prince Aegon  and Aemond. We have not seen each other in years, but I have fond memories of our shared youth" Aurora heard Aemond huff in disdain "And, as men, I hope we may yet be friends and allies. To you and your family's good health, dear uncles"

Ж

Aemond relaxed more when Jacaerys sat back down.

He looked down at his hand which was intertwined with Aurora's. She tried to let go but he grabbed onto it tighter placing both of them on his leg.

He ignored her questioning look and stared straight ahead as his sister said something.

"Beware the beast beneath the boards" Helaena muttered, then stood up.

Ж

'I would like to toast Baela and Rhaena. They'll be married soon. It isn't so bad" she continues "Mostly he just ignores you..." Aurora winced "...Except sometimes when he's drunk"

Aemond and Aurora shared more looks of amusement when they saw Aegon rub his face with both hands.

Helaena did an awkward little stretch and then sat back down. Even though Otto Hightower was a horrid human in general, Aurora liked how Helaena was clearly his favourite as he congratulated her for her little speech.

"Let us have some music" Viserys asked.

As soon as the music started, Jacaerys went straight to Helaena and helped her off her seat. The music mae everything happier. Viserys' head leaned forward a bit as Aurora noticed the old king getting tired, probably because of the milk of the poppy he had earlier before coming down to dinner.