ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔖𝔦𝔵𝔱𝔶 𝔑𝔦𝔫𝔢

After a few songs she felt him relax into her and he seemed more at ease as a few of the other dancers stopped to give new ones more room. Their third song was ending and they finished a bit breathlessly, their breast plates pressed together lacking the sound of metal on metal to show how nicely they danced together.

"That was more than one dance lady Belgrave. Are you sure you do not see me fit enough now?" Cregan teased her as he led her by the hand, which she still held.

The larger fires had been put out and the people of Redfort picked up the things left behind with the help of the knights.

Aurora had requested she was placed in a tent like the rest of her men and that was the main reason why she had her armour on, to do her watches.

"'Night Rori!" Rhaena and Baela called out to her while they followed their grandmother to their rooms.

The queen and her husband, as well as the lord of Redfort and his own wife, had retired well before everyone else so there were less people in the grounds.

Aurora bid goodnight to her friends who still looked like they had black clouds of thunder over their heads, especially Benfred, and went into her tent she was sharing with Talia.

The two women had asked for the men who were taking the first watch to wake them when it was their turn and then laid themselves, still in their armour, on their cots.

ф The next day

Aurora woke up with a grumble trying to cover her messy hair with the thin blanket that had been provided to her. Her back was killing her because of the armour she had slept in and she needed to untense her muscles. After she splashed a bit of water someone had put in a bowl on her nightstand, Aurora woke up enough to realise she hadn't been woken up to do her watch.

She stared at the woman on the cot besides hers. Talia was snoring rather loudly, her mouth opened and her blonde hair frizzy and everywhere. How such a usually calm and composed woman slept so sloppily was not something someone would expect but that was the Talia of Tarth she had learnt to know and love. Another loud grunt came from the other woman as she made a louder noise making Aurora wince as her head was still a bit sensitive from the other night.

Aurora opened the flap of their tent, squinting her eyes when the bright sun peeked momentarily from between the gathering dark clouds.

"Abelar!" she called out to one of the young squires that was running about "Do you know who took our watch last night?"

"Ser Benfred told me that Ser Gregor and Lord Stark took the watch when it was supposed to be yours and they actually volunteered to do so. They even stopped the men from waking you, my lady" the young boy pipped up.

The Belgrave squires had learnt that their lady loved gossip and had made it their life's mission to procure as many secrets and whispers from their masters as they could to relay to Aurora.

"Thank you" Aurora smiled at the boy, throwing him an apple that had also been place on her table to eat making him catch it eagerly "Oy! Wake up!" she kicked her friend.

With a grumble about cutting off Aurora's feet, Talia stood up. Both women helped each other tame their hairs, having to soak Aurora's hair in water to untangle the knots in it. The whole time the lady was protesting about one day cutting off all her hair with Talia retaliating that it would give her Septa a heart attack if she did indeed do so.

Ж

"Any news from our side?" Brandon Belgrave asked his advisors.

"None my lord apart from the fact that they have arrived at Redfort safely and without problems" lord Staunton said.

"Good. Now..." he was cut off when they heard screams coming from inside the castle.

The men took up their arms and rushed out of the room.

Ж

Helaena breathed heavily as she tried to keep a dirty man with a dagger away from her children, shielding them with her body. She was the one who had screamed. Another man entered and lunged at her.

There was a dry noise as Ser Barran collided with the first man and Aemond pulled the second away from his sister. Bayla ran into the room just as another two men came into the room through the open window, trying to get to the twins and a crying Maelor.

Barran engaged in a hand to hand fight with his opponent as there hadn't been enough time to draw his longsword. He cursed his brothers' decision to leave the day before.

Aemond was having a bit of a hard time since he was also trying to shield the kids and the women from the other three men. He grabbed the glass goblet of juice from the table and smashed hard over one of the man's heads making it break due to the force of the hit and a cracking sound come from the assailant when his skull was pierced by one of the harder pieces of glass, reaching into his brain and killing him instantly.

The other two men were just as hard to fight off so he had to wait until Barran slithered behind the man he was fighting and grabbed his chin and top of his head, doing a quick motion with his arms and breaking the man's neck cleanly.

While Aemond had to fight one of the men bottle of glass to dagger, Maelor screamed, distracting the usually talented fighter enough to make the attacker surge forward to stab him.

Aemond turned back to the man he was fighting expecting some sort of pain. The near toothless man had paused with a pained look on his face. Only then did the prince see the tanned hand holding back the arm with the dagger and the other sticking a shard of the fallen glass into the stranger's neck from behind.

Blood spurted from the wound and sprayed onto Bayla's face, staining her smooth skin in scarlet red. Her eyes remaining cold as she let the man fall to the ground, dead.

Barran had finally managed to free his sword and cut his own attacker in half. The cut was not as clean as he would have liked so the other man was still alive when he hit the floor. He was left for dead like the rest his company since they weren't really going to question assassins.

Barran walked quickly over to the stunned princess and wiped a bit of blood from her pale cheek which had spilled onto her soflty. When he made sure she was okay, he surprised her by bringing her into a hard kiss.

Helaena was surprised nicely and soon calmed down enough to grab onto the man's long hair behind his neck to draw him closer to her cold lips.

Aemond covered the twins' eyes while Bayla took Maelor into her arms and the two exited the room with the children to give the couple some room.

As they left the room Jaehaera kicked the arm of one of the dead men on the floor.

"What happened?!" they had to explain everything to the lords that had run over without them into the room and the men were quite surprised anyone had managed to sneak in.

Security was doubled from that day on during the war.