ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔖𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔶

Barran walked quickly over to the stunned princess and wiped a bit of blood from her pale cheek which had spilled onto her. When he made sure she was okay, he surprised her by bringing her into a hard kiss.

Helaena was surprised nicely and soon calmed down enough to grab onto the man's long hair behind his neck to draw him closer to her cold lips.

Aemond covered the twins' eyes while Bayla took Maelor into her arms and the two exited the room with the children to give the couple some room.

As they left the room Jaehaera kicked the arm of one of the dead men on the floor.

"What happened?!" they had to explain everything to the lords that had run over without them into the room and the men were quite surprised anyone had managed to sneak in.

Security was doubled from that day on during the war.

Ж

Men had been spotted not too far from Redfort, an army followed by two dragons, one gold and one cobalt blue. This had been enough to make the men on the side of the Blacks rush to prepare themselves.

Aurora wondered if Otto Hightower would be enough of a fool to try and join the fight instead of surrendering. She and Thanatos wouldn't even have to join the fight to defeat the Green army.

Ж

There was a commotion on the other side when the men from Kings Landing beheld the Black army. There were as many men as them organised and ready to receive their attacks. But the thing most grave of the matter was the long line of dragons waiting behind the men for their riders to mount them.

Queen Rhaenyra rode to the front of the soldier on a white mare with her generals and husband.

"You will be given one more chance men" Ser Sebastian said "If you lay down your weapons and walk away now you will be spared"

Daemon didn't look like he liked that they were being given a choice but much to his delight (and Thanatos') only a small group of people dropped their swords and left. One of them being a lord. They were let leave into the forest behind their army where they would find their horses and return home.

Ж

Aurora felt Thanatos move in an antsy way under her, his eyes fixed on the two enemy dragon's. The opposing soldiers shuffled fearfully when the massive black dragon facing them rolled out his forked tongue and licked his lips with what looked like a sneer, and they did so even more when Caraxes and Meleys imitated his actions.

Ж

"We will not bow down to a bastard woman" Otto Hightower hissed.

"It is your demise" Rhaenyra smiled coldly.

Otto gritted his teeth and drew his sword. A roar sounded and Syrax landed to her rider's left allowing her to mount her and stopping the man from trying to attack her.

At the queen's signal, the other dragons took to the air simultaneously making the air vibrate because of the winds they created. There was a silence as other men from the Green's tried to turn and run away, and the Black side attacked.

The enemy troops were good when leaded by men like Jason Lannister or Ser Criston Cole, but they weren't much of a match for the Black soldiers.

The men from the North had an especial ease to cutting the men down as they were fighting on mountain ground and they were more used to it.

Ж

Aurora watched form the skies on Thanatos how Cregan Stark opened the way for the men with his broadsword whistling through the air.

Rhaenys raised her arm and shouted the order to burn to Meleys, Baela and Rhaena doing the same, as Daemon was still fighting on the ground and Caraxes had actually allowed the girl to ride him with her father's permission.

The fields were bathed in flames as the dragons lit the men up. Sunfyre flew into battle targeting the Bloodworm first. The two dragons fell with their riders making Aurora worry for Rhaena, only to sigh in relief when she saw the girl had gotten snatched up by Meleys.

Daeron stupidly tried to go for Moondancer and his cousin Baela, only to be quickly attacked back. Aurora concentrated on Caraxes and Sunfyre as the golden dragon had been described to actually be a proficient fighter on air and Caraxes was without rider to guide him.

When things got too serious, she decided she had had enough. With a single command Thanatos dived from where he was, high up in the clouds where he could not be visible to those on the ground.

The soldiers shouted in fear when they saw the black monster emerge from the clouds and many dropped their swords there and then, deserting their positions only to have their heads cut off by the men they had been attacking.

Ж

Aegon cursed his luck as he tried to make Sunfyre fly away from the bright red dragon the younger one was trying to kill, but he had lost control. The sight of the black dragon scared him enough to throw himself off the saddle and pray he wouldn't die.

He was lucky when he landed on some shrubbery a bit further away from the battle letting out a scrambled cry web his legs snapped beneath him under his weight.

His vision begun to blur and the last thing he saw was his golden dragon stupidly clash against the much much bigger, black one.

Ж

Many people who looked to the skies were able to see The Cannibal stay true to his name when he opened his maw and literally fit more than half of the golden dragon in his mouth and close down on it, the body snapping under his sharp teeth.

After that, most of the men on the Green's side tried escaping the oncoming Black wave, even more when Moondancer and her rider ripped off Tessarion's wing with the help of Arrax and Vermax who held the other wing in their jaws, causing the cobalt blue dragon to fall and crush her rider under her weight.

It was then that Jason Lannister retreated as well as the remaining lords that had stayed knew at that moment that they had lost.

Ж

Thanatos was happy he had finally managed to get his reward for having been so patient, the familiar flavour of his own kind's blood running down his throat was no longer as savoury as it had once been but he felt fulfilled.

"Thanatos, fire" Aurora told him.

Seeing the two legs running away from them, he willed his fire to come out, his throat warming up to very high temperatures when he released the bright green flames from his maw.

Ж

The Black army stood back as the dragons lit the field in colourful fires and the air was filled with the screams of their enemies.

Cregan Stark joined prince Daemon and Ser Sebastian, who had captured Lord Jason Lannister, Ser Criston Cole, Lord Otto Hightower and other lords and had them kneeling, although the man in green was trying to resist far more than the others.

Soon, the only thing left of the Green army was ashes and blackened husks. Jason Lannister felt dismayed at the loss of his men but he had known that he would end up having this fate. He had chosen to bring them into battle despite knowing how much more overwhelming the enemy forces were, it was on him.

Ж

Aurora and the other dragons landed heavily, the beasts still full of energy as they hadn't had to do much effort in this war.