ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔉𝔦𝔣𝔱𝔶 𝔗𝔴𝔬

Ж

Aurora and her father arrived at the Belgrave stables to rest their horses. The place was large and very clean since their family took a lot of pride in the animals they sired. Prince was handed over to a groom to manage when Aurora got off to change her riding boots.

"Do you fancy a cup of wine father?" she asked the man as he towered over her.

With a grunt, which Aurora interpreted as 'yes', he led her back inside.

The maids were quick on their feet when they were asked for two cups of wine. Aurora and her father held two goblets not five minutes after asking for them and they had them filled almost as quickly.

The wine was of the very best quality, imported straight from Arbor less than two days ago. Aurora savoured it before glancing over her cup at the person who was lurking in the corner of the room. Prince Aemond stared back at her with his single eye.

He motioned for her to follow him with a light head tilt and exited the room.

"Excuse me dad" Aurora kissed her father's cheek before leaving him there to finish mulling over the wine.

Aurora begrudgingly followed the silver haired prince down the halls. He stopped and turned around in the middle of it to look at her.

"Aurora" she had to clasp her hands behind her back so he wouldn't grab at them.

She had honestly thought the crush she had had on his character would grow like in your typical HOTD fanfiction but other than finding the man cute, she felt no further attraction other than seeing him as a young man affected by the wars of his father, mother and sister, like his brother and sister were.

"Yes, Aemond?" she saw a glint of anger when he wasn't able to take her hands, but it was gone the next second.

Still she had to be careful, he wasn't stable. He killed Alys River's family only to then take their daughter and make her his wife, apart from being responsible for many other deaths. They might not happen anymore since he had changed a bit, but it didn't hurt to be cautious.

"Nothing. I simply wished to spend some time with you my lady" he smiled down at her charmingly, his only eye closing at the action.

"Then, could you accompany me to the training grounds? It has been far too long since I have been there"

"Of course" this time he didn't try to take her hand as they walked together down to the dirt arena where the knights were.

"Lady Rori!"

"Sebastian!" Aurora threw herself at the arms of the older man coming at them.

She could feel the eyes of the young man behind her focused on the pair before looking around.

She leaned her head back to get a better look at her old teacher. The man was quickly, but nicely, progressing into his years. His grey hair was getting thinner and the beginnings of a bald spot seemed to be appearing through. His face also had a few deep lines but nothing more. Other than that, the man she considered her grandfather, because he had also taught Brandon in his younger years, still kept his astonishingly good physique and strong arms.

"How have you been little one"

"Good good. You know here and there" she smiled widely at the man.

"And who might this man be?" he asked her as Aemond took a step forward.

"Sebastian this is prince Aemond Targaryen, brother of Rhaenyra Targaryen" she presented them to each other.

In silence they shook hands squeezing as tightly as they each could on the other's hand.

"A pleasure your highness" the older man said through gritted teeth.

"Likewise Ser Sebastian" Aemond said in the same way.

While the two men continued to try and make the other back away, Aurora approached the knights training in the arena, he eyes catching onto the new young recruits. Some she thought were far too young but it was inevitable. Although the Greens had been quiet, they would try to take the power back whenever they could.

"Well, well, well" Gregor Mormont said as he strolled forward "Look who we have here"

p

Portrayed by Henry Cavill

Aurora smiled at the man who would one day become the either grandfather or great grandfather to Ser Jorah Mormont, the most faithful man to Daenerys Targaryen.

"Hello you bastard" she bit back, the smile still present on her lips as they circled each other.

Without another word, the man threw himself at her to try and pin her down only managing to do so for a few seconds before she freed her lower body and swung her legs up to circle his ribs and pull him back.

Once she was on top of him she tried to hold him down but the larger man was stronger than her and got away. Aurora stood up, her riding clothes now riddled with dirt and her pale hair already getting darker because of the dust.

"You're getting slow old lady" he teased her.

"I'm only a couple of years older than you you slug!" she retorted acting offended.

Before he had the chance to throw another insult she swung her leg up and hit him right in the jaw causing him to fall over and for her to be declared the winner.

Gregor groaned on the ground while the rest of his partners welcomed Aurora with hard pats on the back. She chuckled and lowered her hand to the man still sprawled on the floor to help him up.

"You alright there Mormont?"

"Never better. Might've bruised one or two bone but yeah I'm fine lady" he grunted.

"Let me see" he let her raise his shirt making the new knights back away in surprise while the rest weren't surprised by it. She pressed at his ribs to make sure nothing was too hurt or bruised.

"Ow, ow, ow. Careful woman!" he protested as he wiggled around.

"Ow don't be such a pussy" she scolded him by poking hard at one of his ribs which made him squirm out of her grasp "You don't have anything too serious"

"So mean. Ser Sebastian she's being mean" he whined at the older man.

"Stop being such a child Gregor" the man said as he finally released Aemond's hand.

The man huffed and crossed his arms on his chest turning away from Aurora and Sebastian.

"So you're Maester now are you?" Benfred came up from behind her putting his arm over her with a bit of difficulty as she was slightly taller than himself.

"Yep" she smiled at one of the men she considered her brother.

"Look at you, so high up now" another one teased her.

Ж

Aemond watched as the many knights in the Belgrave estate surrounded lady Aurora and bantered around with her. He felt a surprising surge of jealousy as the different young men hugged her and laughed with her.