ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔗𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔶 𝔉𝔬𝔲𝔯

Ж

"What is wrong with the king your grace?" the queen turned to Aurora lettin her see her red puffy eyes.

"The king has passed on" she managed to get out.

"What?!" Aurora reeled back "But he wasn't in such a bad shape. He was supposed to wake up"

This was wrong. Her analysis had not been wrong. The king was fine.

"May I see his body? I wish to see what went wrong" she tried to walk past the queen but Alicent stopped her.

"No. No one may see the king's body" the older woman clasped her hands together in front of her "I simply wanted to let you know that your previous efforts to keep him alive have been appreciated. You may leave"

Ф

Aurora had been forced back into her room. There was something strange. Alicent had said that the king was dead but no maesters had been called to prepare the body. She stared up at the ceiling.

This was it, the pieces were starting to move. The next thing the Hightowers would try to do was instate Aegon the II as king leading to the greater division of the Seven Kingdoms.

There was a knock at her door and she jumped up from her bed to open it for whoever had called. To her pleasant surprise, it was Aemond.

"Aemond, to what do I owe the pleasure?" she let him walk into the room and make himself at home on her bed.

"Mother wishes for me to accompany Ser Criston Cole to go look for my brother. It has not even been a whole day and already mother and grandfather are thinking of placing my drukard, fool of a brother on the throne" he huffed in disbelief.

"You did not volunteer" Aurora asked out of curiosity as she sat next to him on the bed.

"Of course not" Aemond looked at her from his laid down position "Why would I want to spend my free time looking for my idiotic brother when I can spend it with you?"

Aurora turned her face away from him so he wouldn't see the sudden blush that rose to her cheeks.

"Are you blushing lady Belgrave?" he faked a gush of surprise as he sat up straight and threw his body weight on her "No, it cannot be"

"Aemond stop" she laughed as she tried pushing him away.

She stopped so she could breath again only to realise that the man had gone silent a while before and was now simply staring at her. Aurora held her breath when he raised a hand and brushed a stray pale hair from her eyes.

"Oh God this is like one of those extremely cheese romance fanfics" Aurora had always agreed with other fans that the actor cast for Aemond Targaryen was fine (Ewan Mitchell) but she didn't think this would happen to her.

"Aemond" she let out a strangled whisper before a knock on the door made them part.

"Your highness, we must go now" Criston Cole's voice sounded from behind the mahogany.