Imperfect Harmony

Selene's POV
It was the next morning and the other riders came over to out house to see what the Dragon Eye held. Crystal did the slow burn this time and all the symbols and things appeared. "Wow," everyone spoke. "Fishlegs, can you make any of it out?" Hiccup asked the boy as he walked over to the wall. "There are parts of maps and symbols, nothing I've seen before. Not to mention there's writing in a language I've never read," Fishlegs told us. "Snotlout then asked what a symbol was. "Must be a tribal crest of some sort," I told the boy. Tuff cheered and mentioned how that was better than out tribal crest. "Tuff, we don't have a tribal crest," Hiccup told the boy. "Well we should, and it should be that." Tuff spoke, and his sister agreed. I got up and walked over to the wall to study some of the maps. "This map goes beyond the edges of the archipelago!" I cheered. "What's our next move?" Astrid asked. "First, getting Stoick to agree on letting us explore, but I'm probably going anyway, with or without his permission." I told the others and some looked at me like I was crazy. "What?! This is one of the first leads in years that I've had on finding my birth parents. I'm not letting it go," I told them and they all understood. "I need to tell Thunderstream this," I didn't even give Hiccup a chance to respond, Crystal and I were already flying towards Dracom Island. Once we got there, we saw Thunderstream sitting outside her cave. "Mom!" I waved and she saw Crystal and I. "If it isn't my little girls," Once Crystal landed we were attacked with licks and prods. "Ok, mom. We're here because I have something exciting to tell you." Thunderstream immediately calmed down and look right at me. "What is it?" She asked. "I finally have a lead on my birth parents. We have to travel outside the archipelago," I told her and she brought me into her wings. "My little hatchling. You know I'll support you no matter what. But remember, I'll always, always love you both," Thunderstream told us and we all hugged each other.

"Be careful though. I don't want to hear that my little girls are in danger," Crystal and I laughed sheepishly before taking off. We could hear Thunderstream doing a laugh in the distance. "Hopefully, Hiccup will be able to convince Stoick to let everyone go," Crystal told me and I nodded my head. Once we got back to Berk I saw Hiccup and Toothless running out of the Great Hall. Hiccup must've seen us, because he started waving his arms. Crystal landed in front of him and my boyfriend ran over and scooped me off Crystal's back. "What's got you in such a good mood? Did your father say yes to letting us go?" The smile on his face was a good enough answer. "Let's start packing then." I told him and we rushed home and finished packing. Soon, everyone was in the sky in front of the edge of the archipelago. "You guys ready?" My question was answered when Snotlout shot forward. "Into the great beyond!" Snotlout shouted and everyone else joined in. "Let's go boys!" I shouted as Crystal shot off. It was exciting at first, but we've been flying for hours and everyone was getting tired, especially the dragons. "Into the great beyond," everyone was saying weakly. "Hang in there guys, we'll find a place to land and make camp." Right after I said that, it started to pour down. "Maybe we should turn back!" Astrid shouted towards me. "Over there!" Crystal roared and I saw some light. "Follow us! Crystal found some light!" I shouted to the others and we all flew towards it. Once we made it, there was a beautiful blue sky. There were new islands and it was amazing. Everyone was ogling at the sight. "It's incredible," I mumbled. "We made it, Selen and Hiccup! We made it!" Astrid cheered. "Guys, can we slap each other on the backs later? Meatlug's wings are about to fall off," Fishlegs told us and I saw that all the dragons were starting to fade into slumber. "Sorry guys. Let's find-" I was cut off by a harmonic sound and all the dragons were captivated by this. "What is that?" Was the question all the dragons asked. "Whatever that sound is, the dragons are being pulled towards it." I told them and all the dragon flew towards an island. "This place is amazing," Fishlegs told us as we landed and explored the beach. Everyone was having fun, but I was still on edge about this place. "I'm never going back to Berk," Snotlout commented as I walked back from doing another lap around the beach. "What's Berk. Cause I forgot." Tuff told us with a smile. "Guess there's no argument where we're spending the night," Hiccup told us. "I'll take care of the fire," I knew where this was going. Snotlout grabbed some leaves and poured some Monstrous Nightmare gel and told Hookfang to light it up. "It's Monstrous Nightmare gel. Selene showed me how to get some," Snotlout actually said something accurate for once.