Snotlout Gets the Axe

Selene's POV
It had been a few days since Tuff thought he was turning into a dragon, and the fact that I come from an ancient bloodline that can grow dragon-like parts! I was in my hut, meditating, trying to figure out how to unlock this ability. "Anything?" Crystal asked me and I shook my head. "Ahh!" I shouted and laid down in my bed. "The note my ancestors left didn't say anything on how to awaken it either. This is so frustrating!" I cried out and just let out a massive sigh. "You done yet?" She asked me and I gave her a thumbs-up. A knock interrupted my thoughts and I just groaned. "Come in," I called out as I still laid on my bed. "Selene, you ok, love?" I recognized that voice. I raised my head a bit to see Hiccup. "Honestly, no," I replied honestly. He frowned and walked over and kneeled next to my bed, grabbing my hand. "Still no luck?" He asked and I shook my head. "Nothing. I just don't get it! Why couldn't they have written down the bloody steps!?" Hiccup let me rant and squeezed my hand, letting me know he was there for me. "Thanks love. Now, what brings you here?" I questioned the boy. He revealed that Astrid's house and Snotlout's house were joining together. "Seriously?" I asked him as I sat up. "Apparently. Spitelout just came and gave Snotlout the Jorgenson Ceremonial Axe. Astrid has to go and represent her family, while I have to go and represent my family," Hiccup informed me. I squeezed his hand, "like me to go with you guys? That way, it won't be totally boring. Besides, there's nothing much to do here. Sandstorm went to keep an eye on the hunters, and I need a break." Hiccup's frown turned into a smile.

Soon, Astrid, Snotlout, Hiccup, our dragons and myself were flying towards the Island of Friga, Berk sacred ceremonial island. Snotlout was grumbling how he was basically the last pick to bring the axe. "He could have more faith in me than that," Snotlout continue to grumble. The rest of us just looked at him like he was a complete moron, which, he is. "What? What did I ever do?" Snotlout asked us. "There was that time you brought all those Changewing eggs to Berk and nearly destroyed the village," Astrid reminded the boy, who in turn, blamed in on Fishlegs. "Not to mention the time you released Levin from the ice block, which cause him to go an a freak out rampage and nearly destroyed the village," I put in, who blamed the twins. "What about flying us into the waterspout and landing us on Outcast Island? That was terrific," my lover spoke sarcastically. "Act of Thor," Snotlout replied. "Act of Snotlout," Astrid and I retorted, with a hint of annoyance. "All I know, is that when I ride in with this axe, I'm gonna shove it in all of their Jorgenson faces!" Snotlout cheered. Snotlout then started passing the axe between his hands, causing it to slip and fall out of his hands, the axe now plummeting. "Let's go!" I shouted for Crystal. "You got it!" She roared and started to dive down, the others right behind us. Once we emerged from the clouds, we saw an island. "It's gotta be down there. We have to go and get it back," Snotlout panicked. "It could be anywhere. That island isn't exactly tiny. If it even landed there and not in the ocean," Astrid spoke. I just face-palmed. 'Girl, you're not helping!' Snotlout just retorted, "we're finding that axe. We have until sundown." Hookfang then dove towards the island, the rest of us behind him. Once on the island, I could already tell that no human had stepped foot on it. The vegetation was thick! I grabbed my sword and started hacking at the bushes as we advanced towards the center of the island. "Hey, is it too late to call Griplout?" Astrid asked me. I just gave my lover a 'care to explain' look. "I'll tell you later," he replied. "Ha-ha. That's funny. Keep it up, Astrid," Snotlout grumbled at the girl. We emerged into a clearing, and took a bit of a breather. "Ha-ha. There is is. See? I'll just grab it and we'll get back in the air," Snotlout told us as he pointed towards the axe. Snotlout walked towards it and Crystal growled.

"What is it, sis?" I asked her. "I smell a dragon here. And I think it's underneath the Jorgenson axe," my sister informed me. I was about to shout to Snotlout about there being a possible dragon underneath the axe, but it was too late. "Snotlout!" Hiccup shouted for the boy. Snotlout lost his grip on the axe and fell off the rising dragon. It looked like a Monstrous Nightmare, but it was smaller, more green and covered in metal. The dragon turned and saw Snotlout and snarled at it. "Okay, now it's way worse," Snotlout spoke as he started to scoot away from the dragon. "Go away!" The dragon snarled at Snotlout. It then tried to bite him, but missed, barely. Snotlout managed to get back on his feet and ran towards us. Snotlout turned around and the dragon stopped and roared at him again. I saw him eyeing the axe. "Snotlout," I started but the boy already charged in and climbed up the dragon's wing, now gripping the axe. "This is my family's axe," Snotlout told the dragon as he continued to pry it off. "Get off me, human!" The dragon roared at the boy and started jostling around, trying to shake the boy off. "Snotlout, let go of the axe," Hiccup told the boy. "No way, Hiccup. I'm not leaving this island without it," Snotlout told the boy. The dragon then took the sky. "Looks like he is," I commented as I got on Crystal. "He's gonna get himself killed," Astrid stated the obvious. "What else is knew?" Hiccup and I told her in unison. Hookfang shot off after his rider, the rest of us behind him. Snotlout was screaming and hanging on for dear life. The dragon saw us perusing him, and turned around and fired at us. We dodged it, and Hookfang fired a blast at the dragon. "Hey, watch it!" Snotlout chastised his dragon. "I'm trying to save you, you muttonhead!" Hookfang roared at his rider as he fired another blast. "Keep it up, Hookfang. We'll try to get in closer," I told the Nightmare as Crystal flew towards the dragon. I saw the dragon use it's wing to block Hookfang's fire, but it saw Stormfly and Astrid fly under it. "Watch out!" I shouted but it was too late. The dragon fired a blast right by Stormfly, then the girls went down. I saw Astrid climb off Stormfly, trying to see what's wrong with her. "Guys, watch out! That blast does a number on the eyes," Astrid informed us as we dodged another blast. "Good to know!" I shouted down at her. "Yeah. Let's stay clear of those blasts," Hiccup stated. Toothless and Crystal continued to pursue the dragon, and it wasn't happy. It swung it's tail at us, making us take the bait. After, I saw it readying a blast. "Watch out!" I shouted but the dragon already fired it. Crystal and Toothless' vision was obscured and they started to descend, a.k.a crash land. Both Hiccup and myself were flung off our dragons. "Crystal!" I shouted with concern as I ran back to her. "I can't make anything out! It's all blurry," my sister informed me. "Toothless!" Hiccup shouted as he ran towards his friend. I quickly grabbed my sword when I saw the dragon coming at us. It landed in front of us, and Hiccup grabbed his shield just in time, shielding all of us. Good thing the Gronckle Iron imbedded in his shield held up. The dragon started to charge at us, but Hookfang blasted at it again, saving us. "Thanks, Fangster!" I thanked the dragon and he nodded his head. "Don't let up, Hookfang. Pour it on," Astrid cheered the Nightmare on. "I'm out of here," the dragon spoke and with a quick turn, finally shook Snotlout off and flew away. I started checking Crystal's eyes, not seeing anything. "It must just be temporary. Can you see how many fingers I'm holding up?" I asked her as I held up four fingers. "Kind of. I think, four?" She questioned as she squinted her eyes. "Seems it is a temporary thing. That dragon's blast acts as defense and offense. That's kind of cool," I commented.