Stryke Out

Selene's POV
Snotlout was showing Hiccup and myself a Dragon Hunter base he had discovered. "The Dragon Hunter base is just up ahead," Snotlout told us. "Great. But remember, approach with caution. They might be expecting us," I told the boys. "Selene, Selene! This is the easiest mission ever. We fly in, blast the Hunters, and be home in time for lunch. Boom!" Snotlout spoke. "While I appreciate the enthusiasm, I—" my lover was cut off when Snotlout and Hookfang charged right in. Hiccup and I just sighed and we caught up with Hookfang. We got to the island and it was quiet. The dragons landed and we got off. Snotlout led us to a rock, and I peaked around to see multiple hunter cages and a cave. But no Hunters or dragons. "There's no one here. It's abandoned," Hiccup spoke. "This place was crawling with Dragon Hunters this morning. Something's wrong," Snotlout spoke. "Well, did you see anything else? Any dragons?" I asked the boy. "Well, no," he admitted but our dragons started to growl from behind us. "Maybe there is something wrong," Hiccup commented. Then, there were dragon calls coming from the cave. "Let's go!" I shouted and quickly ran towards the cave. There were stairs carved out of the stone, so this place has been used by the Hunters for a long time. Crystal and I descended down the stairs, ignoring Snotlout. There were more sounds coming from deep within. When we got to the center of it, it was dark, and seemed empty. "Hm," I muttered and sniffed the air. There are some dragons here still. "Hello?" I asked. "Go away!" Came a roar. I looked over and saw a Speed Stinger pacing back in forth in a cage carved out of the rock. "Okay, Selene. How are we going to free these vicious and wild dragons without being, I don't know, eaten alive?" Snotlout asked me as he and Hiccup caught up to me. "There's gotta be a switch or a lever somewhere," Hiccup spoke. "After we get them free, I can ease their nerves and lead them out," I spoke and walked towards a RazorWhip with Toothless and Hiccup. "Anything?" I asked Snotlout. "Yup!" He cheered and pulled a lever, which released a wall, trapping us in. "Snotlout!" Hiccup shouted as he pulled on the metal. "Hang on! I'll get you out of there!" Snotlout spoke and tried pulled the lever up, but it paused and soon, purpled smoke was released from the floor. It was making me feel really sleepy. "Hiccup," I muttered and fell to the ground. "Selene!" Hiccup shouted and he caught me, but that was the last thing I remembered.

"Selene. Selene!" I heard a familiar voice. I opened my eyes and saw two familiar dragons along with Hiccup. "Guys," I muttered and saw I was laying on Hiccup's lap. I held my head, as my lover helped me sit up. "W-where are we?" I asked him. "We're at a Dragon Fighting arena. Toothless is fighting against a Razor Whip tomorrow," Hiccup revealed to me. I just gasped. "This isn't good," I muttered. I looked over and saw there were other dragons here too. A Monstrous Nightmare, Deadly Nadder, Gronckle and the RazorWhip from before. Every dragon was covered in scars. I took a step forward, but the dragons didn't like that. "Go away!" The Nightmare roared, setting himself ablaze. Toothless and Crystal growled at the dragons, not liking their attitude. "It's okay, guys. They're not to blame. They're starving, injured and terrified," I told them and looked at the Gronckle. Poor thing was skinnier than most Gronckles, indicating the Hunters weren't feeding the dragons at all. "Hey," I spoke softly and approached the Gronckle. The blue-dragon just snarled at me. I just sighed sadly and tried to walk forward some more, but felt something on my leg. I looked down and saw I was chained up, and it led to the wall. "Great," I muttered. I saw that the Nadder's eyes were bloodshot, probably from lack of sleep. "Poor babies," I muttered as I took another step towards the Gronckle. "Leave me alone!" He growled. Then looked back at the wall and licked it, confirming that he was malnourished. "Hiccup, can I see your leg?" I asked him. He knew what I was doing and quickly detached it and threw it towards me. I caught it easily, and started using the metal foot to break some of the wall. I managed to break out a small chunk. "Hey, big guy," I spoke and the Gronckle turned to me. His eyes widened when he saw the rock in my hand. "Here you go. Get your strength back," I continued and the Gronckle walked right up to me and grabbed the rock and ate it. I broke a few more small rocks off the wall and gave them to the Gronckle. "Can I touch your snout, please?" I asked and the Gronckle glared at me. I put my hand up and turned my face away. Few seconds later, I felt the familiar scales of a Gronckle underneath. I looked back and saw the Gronckle's snout was on my hand. "Good boy," I smiled and started to scratch the dragon's chin. "How do you like the name StoneTail?" I asked and the Gronckle nodded his head. "Ok, StoneTail. Why don't you go and eat those rocks. Get some of your strength back," I told the Gronckle. "Thank you," he told me and retreated back to his little corner. I then heard some jingling and saw the door swing open. Three hunters entered the room and unchained the RazorWhip and shoved her in a cage. "Get the Night Fury," the Head Hunter I assumed ordered. His men walked towards Toothless, but I ran towards them and kicked them to the ground. "You stay away from them!" I shouted and barred my fangs at them. The Head Hunter just chuckled. "So, you are a Dracia. This is perfect!" He grinned maliciously. He grabbed a sword and swung it at me. I quickly grabbed it with my bare hands, ignoring the pain. "You really are feisty. Perhaps you should fight instead," the Ringmaster grinned. Crystal just growled and used her tail to get the Ringmaster away from me. "Thanks sis," I thanked but hissed at the pain. I looked down at my hands and saw them covered with blood. While I was looking down, I got pushed away and into the wall. Crystal ran over to me, and I saw the Ringmaster shoving Hiccup aside. The other two unchained Toothless and pushed him into the cage.