Family on the Edge

Selene's POV
"And go!" Hiccup shouted and we all flew off the sea stack towards some dummy boats. We were all doing a practice run of our attack. Each of us were holding two jars full of Monstrous Nightmare gel. Once we were over the little boats, Hiccup gave the command. "Three, two, one!" He shouted and dropped his jars. Toothless then fired a plasma blast at them and they ignited. Both fell onto the boat with extreme precision. The rest of us followed in suit and managed to hit the boats. Except the twins and Snotlout. Crystal and Toothless landed on the sea stack with the sundial and saw that we were a few minutes too slow. Barf and Belch then landed behind us. "Slow and inaccurate. That's quite the combo," Hiccup told the twins. "It was also our parents' nicknames for us. "My nickname was "slow," which I thought was inaccurate," Tuffnut told us with pride in his voice. "Guys, Viggo doesn't know we found his shipyard, yet. We'll only have one chance at knocking out his fleet. We can't screw this up," I told the twins. Crystal then flew back to the Edge and landed at our hut. "That was not a good practice run," Crystal cooed at me as I took her saddle off. "I know. And this whole thing is leaving me really unsettled. This is Viggo we're dealing with. The man is always one step ahead of us, no matter what we do. This could be a trap," I told my dragon sister as I put her saddle on the holder. "I agree with you, sis," I heard a familiar voice. I turned around and saw Lillian and Sandstorm walking in. "This whole thing doesn't seem right," Sandstorm growled as she stretched her limbs.

I just smiled at my sister and saw our dragons curl up on their beds. "They have the right idea. A nap sounds amazing," Lillian yawned and went over to her area of the hut. I just chuckled and walked to my bed and as soon as I laid down, I was out. A few hours later, my eyes opened and I could tell it was nighttime. I sat up and stretched my arms. "About time you woke up." I looked over and saw Crystal at the end of my bed. "How long was I out?" I asked as I stood up. "A good few hours. The others are already at the clubhouse eating. I wanted to wait for you." I smiled at Crystal and patted her head in appreciation. We then walked over to the clubhouse and heard Hiccup mention Dagur. "Why would you suddenly bring up that lunatic?" I asked as I walked in. I saw there was already a plate of food for me at my spot and saw Lillian give me a thumbs up. "Good question, sis. Why the sudden interest in that psycho?" Lillian asked Hiccup. "Nothing. But since we're on the subject of Dagur now, uh, do you ever wonder why he helped Heather escape from Viggo?" My lover asked. "Probably as a distraction so he could get away himself," Astrid told us. "I agree with that statement," Lillian commented as she ate another chicken leg. "Maybe. I don't know. But what if it was actually the first step on a path toward a new life?" Hiccup asked. "We're talking about the same lunatic who tried to kill us multiple times, capture Toothless and Crystal and kidnapped your father a few years ago, right?" I asked my lover as I sat down.

"A "new life"? Dagur? Selene is right, Hiccup. Besides, a dragon doesn't change its markings," Heather spoke as she slammed her fist on the table and scooted her chair back. "Uh, technically..." Fishlegs started. "Except for a Changeling, yes, I know," Heather commented. "And a..." Fishlegs was cut off again by Heather. "You get the point!" I was genuinely curious why Hiccup would bring Dagur up. Did my love run into the psycho at some point and not tell us? "Right. You're probably right. But then again, uh... who would've thought that my father, Stoick the Vast, would ever learn to ride a dragon? You never know. Next time we see Dagur..." Hiccup was cut off by Heather slicing a nearby table in two after declaring she'd kill her brother next time she saw him. After that, it was dead silence. "Yep. Okay. I think we get your point," Hiccup told her. Heather then reclaimed herself and said she had island patrol tonight. But then Hiccup immediately volunteered for island patrol and told Heather he had a more important mission for her. I looked at my boyfriend with skepticism, something was defiantly eating him. He then told Heather to do one final check on our target with Snotlout. "What are you talking about? We went last time," Snotlout told the boy. "I know. That's why I'm sending you again. To be on the lookout for any last-minute changes," Hiccup spoke. "That actually makes somewhat sense," Lillian spoke as she stood up and stretched her arms out. "And you should leave tonight," Hiccup added. "Tonight? But I haven't even packed. Argh! It's gonna take a whole day to get there," Snotlout complained. "Jeez, Hiccup, are you trying to get rid of us?" Heather asked the boy.