When Darkness Falls

Selene's POV
It had been a few hours since the Deathsong fiasco, and we were now searching for an island to call our own. "What's taking those two?" Crystal asked as we waited for Hiccup and Snotlout. I was about to answer when I heard screaming and shouting. "Found 'em." I told her and she flew over and we saw the boys being cornered by some very angry boars. Crystal flew up and roared at the boars and they were gone in a flash. Both boys just smiled up at us. "Let's get you two to Hookfang and Toothless. Clearly this isn't a good island." I told them and Crystal grabbed them with her claws and flew them to where the others were. Once we got them taken care of, we were back in the skies. Resuming our search for an island. "Ok, scratch that island off the list," Hiccup told us. "No kidding," Toothless agreed with his rider. "Whoo-hoo-hoo, this is so exciting. Searching the high seas for an island to call our own," Fishlegs was psyched about this. Ruff then made a comment on how she was ready to move away from 'you know who' which we all knew was her brother, but Tuff didn't get the message. "Yeah you're telling me. I am so sick of you know who," I just chuckled at his stupidity. "Guys, can we focus? We need to try and find an island by nightfall. And it needs to be safe, secure, with plenty of supplies for us and the dragons," I told the others nicely. "How many times are you gonna repeat that?" Snotlout asked me annoyed. "When we find the right island," I told him as Hiccup and I smirked at each other. "Let's check that one out," Hiccup pointed out an island and it seemed ok, till we landed in a filled of blue flowers. "Blue Oleanders!" Crystal shouted and immediately grabbed onto me and flew up.

See, last time that Crystal got close to Blue Oleanders, she got really sick, and I was by her side day and night, nursing her back to health with the help of Thunderstream and Brim. "What's wrong with Crystal?" Fishlegs asked and I gestured to the flowers that Ruffnut was sniffing. "Aren't those," Astrid started. "Blue Oleanders. Deadly poisonous to dragons." Fishlegs finished for her. "So, we're not staying?" Ruff asked as Barf and Belch sniffed them and sneezed, causing a small explosion. We took to the skies again, for what felt like the hundredth time. "Oh, this island is beautiful," Fishlegs gestured to an island below us. The dragons all dove down towards it and saw a bunch of dots. "Those aren't dots! They're Whispering Death holes!" Hiccup shouted and a bunch of Whispering Deaths popped out. "Been there done that," Snotlout spoke. "Next," Astrid and I spoke in unison. We somehow ended up back at the Boar island. "My bad! I should've crossed this island off the list!" Fishlegs shouted as we were all running for our lives. We jumped off the cliff, luckily, the dragons were there to catch us. We finally found another island, and it seemed to be just what we were looking for. "This place seems good," I spoke aloud. "Yeah, those cliffs could work. Good sight line, easily defendable," Astrid spoke. "Not to mention it's in a good location," Fishlegs added. "It's perfect," Ruff spoke. "Yeah, too perfect," Tuff spoke and I knew what was coming. We all looked over at him, waiting for him to say something stupid, again. "I'm just saying, in the immortal words of the mighty Thor, "When something looks too perfect, it probably sucks."" We all looked at him like he was crazy, well, crazier. "Yeah, I'm pretty sure Thor never said anything remotely like that," Hiccup spoke. "Oh, really? How do you know? Do you know Thor? Have you talked to him recently?" Tuff bombarded my lover with questions. "No I haven't but" He was cut off by Tuff again. "Because I have, mm-hmm. And I don't recall I'm mentioning you," Tuff told us and I just sighed. "Look, I just got a feeling about a place. And I think we all know what happens when I get a feeling," Tuff spoke. "We do the obvious and ignore it," I told him as Crystal laughed and dove towards a clearing. The sun was starting to set, so we needed to set up a camp.

"We need to get some wood, fresh water and some fish for the dragons. They've been flying all day with barely any rest," I told the others, and I saw that Hiccup and Toothless were the only ones listening besides Crystal. "Snotlout, what is that?" Astrid asked the boy. My boyfriend and I walked over to see what Snotlout was drawing, and what the others were watching him draw. "It's an S. For Snotlout, I think that it would look nice flying over," He told us. "Seriously? They're already talking about outpost ideas?" Crystal asked me. "I guess." I told her. "It doesn't matter what it looks like, it has to be functional." Astrid pointed out. "What we really need," Hiccup was cut off by Fishlegs. "A place to rest, relax and replenish after a hard day's work," Fishlegs told us, then grabbed a shield with some sticks and stones making a little structure of looked like a mini resort? "You're absolutely right, Hiccup. Look, Meatlug and I had some thoughts," and he was then cut off by Astrid. "Is that a hot tub?" She asked the boy. "No, that's the mud bath," and pointed towards the correct one. "The hot tub's right over there," I knew where this was going and decided to leave before I lost it. "I'll let you handle this while I got get the dragons some fish," I told my boyfriend and he just leaned over and kissed me. "Ok, but be careful." He told me and I nodded and Crystal grabbed me before flying towards the little cove. Luckily, I brought a net for this reason. "See any?" I asked my sister and she pointed towards a spot. "Right there," she told me and I dropped the net. Crystal then dived in and we tied the net so the fish couldn't get out. Crystal hauled it up and we got a decent amount. "This should be just enough for the night. Let's get back to the others. Hopefully, Hiccup stoped the outpost talk till morning," I told Crystal. "No kidding," we laughed and she flew back to camp. When we landed, the others had gathered water, food and set traps out. "Nice, guys. I got the fish." All the dragons came rushing over to me. "Ok, ok. I'll hand out the fish in a minute." I told them.