Crash Course

Selene's POV
It had been a few weeks after I woke up and I've made a pretty good recovery if I do say so myself. Lillian and Sandstorm were settling in pretty well and I was beginning to teach my little sister Dragonese. But right now, we're working on getting some ammo for the catapults. "Let's aim for that one," I commented and pointed at a really big boulder. "On it!" She purred and fired a blast, knocking the boulder right into the net Sandstorm has. "Good catch!" Crystal roared at the Desert Wraith. Sandstorm smiled at us with joy. "This is honestly nice," Lillian started as the dragons started to fly back to where the catapults are. "What do you mean?" I asked my sister. "Well, after all this time, I finally got to meet you. And I have friends too," Lillian gave a sad smile. "Hey," I spoke and she turned to face me. "We're together now. And you're always gonna be welcomed here and I know Stoick will allow you to live on Berk too." My sister smiled at me gratefully. When we got to where the others were gathered around the twins. "What is that?" Lillian asked me and pointed to the twins little project. "Don't ask. You'll get used to their antics, eventually," I told her. "If ever," Sandstorm growled and Crystal laughed at her. "Guys, let's get all these catapults loaded before the sun goes down?" Hiccup suggested to the others. Before the dragons could get moving, we heard some creaking. We all turned and saw multiple trees in the forest going down. And it sounded like footsteps. "What the?" I asked and Crystal flew to where the sounds were coming from. "Selene, wait!" Hiccup and Lillian called out, but I wanted to know who or what was causing that racket. We came to a little clearing and landed. The sound was getting closer and from the thicket emerged the Fireworm Queen. "Your majesty?" I asked and got off Crystal. The Fireworm Queen's eyes widened and she rushed over to Crystal and myself. "Little hatchlings! I'm glad I found you," she purred against us. I then heard a thud and saw it was Hookfang and Snotlout. Crystal, Hookfang and the Fireworm Queen nuzzled against each other in greeting, before the Queen freaked out. "I need you help!" She roared. "What kind of help?" I asked her then saw multiple gashes on her body. "Dragon hunters?" I asked her and she shook her head no. "It's a dragon. I've never seen anything like it before though. But, it wants something at my nest," the Queen informed me. "A dragon did all this?" I asked, gesturing to all the wounds covering her body. "Yes! Please, young ones! I need your help!" The queen begged us. "Of course we'll help," I told her. Snotlout and I looked at each other and nodded our heads. I then turned to face the rest of the gang. "Saddle up guys. We're going to Fireworm Island," I smirked and Crystal took to the air right after the queen.

We flew after the queen and I realized something, I never gave her a name. "Hey, I never gave you a name. Can I name you?" I asked the queen and she tilted her head to the side, displaying curiosity. "How about Freya? She's the goddess of fire," I asked the queen and she nodded her head. "So, Selene, care to fill us in?" Snotlout asked me and all the riders were looking at me. "Right, sorry. Apparently, there is a dragon that's looking for something in Freya's nest. She tried to fight it off, but you saw the result. So, she came to ask Hookfang, Crystal and myself for help," I told the riders. "That makes sense. Since you, Crystal and Hookfang all have a history with the Fireworm Queen, you three are the only ones she trusts," Fishlegs concluded and I nodded my head in agreement. "Good thing it's not the hunters though," Astrid commented and I couldn't help but nod my head in agreement with her. "Follow me!" Freya shouted and dove towards Fireworm Island. "Follow Freya!" I shouted and all the dragons dove after the queen. Freya led us to the cave from a few years ago when we were saving Hookfang from dying. "It's this way," Freya told us as she landed and ran into the cave. "Let's go, but be careful," I told the others as all the dragons landed. "My question is what kind of dragon would go head-to-head with the Fireworm Queen?" Snotlout asked and it was actually a good question. "Don't know, but we're about to find out. I smell something up ahead," I commented as Crystal increased her speed. "Huh," I heard Fishlegs mutter, but didn't pay any attention to it. Freya's body was now glowing, making it easier for us to follow her. "I don't like this. It's way too quiet in here," Lillian was right. If there was a dragon here who did this, where is it? As we descended deeper into the cave, Freya finally stopped and snarled. "What is it, your majesty?" Snotlout asked the Fireworm Queen. "There it is!" She snarled. Crystal walked so she was right next to the queen and I saw the dragon. "Oh great," I muttered and heard Sandstorm next to me. "Oh that's just perfect. Should've known the dragon was a Cavern Crasher," Lillian spoke as we saw the dragon dig through the rocks for something.