Reign of Fireworms

Selene's POV
It was another day here on Dragons Edge. I was in my hut re-reading the letter my parents left me in the chest. "You've read that thing how many times now? You need to get your mind off it," Crystal told me. "I know. I just can't help it." I told her. She was about to say something when Hiccup came running in. "What is it?" I asked him as I put the letter down. "Fishlegs told me there are Fireworms on the island now, we need to investigate." I agreed and we all took to the skies. "It started with one Fireworm, and as we flew back, there were more." Fishlegs told us. "They must be migrating. When they migrate, Fireworms send scouts to see if their migration route is safe." I told the others. "Yeah, and if this is a stop along their route," Fishlegs started. "An entire flock of Fireworms will be coming through here," Astrid finished. "Well, I saw bring 'em on! I love those little scorchers," Tuff told us. "Are you still gonna love them when they all land here and burn our entire island to the ground?" Hiccup asked the boy. "Yes, wait, no. Wait, is that a trick question? Because it's pretty tricky," Tuff told us. "Selene, Fishlegs, how much time do we have?" Astrid asked us. "It's hard to say really. If it's a full migration, they could be here as soon as next week," I told the girl and Fishlegs agreed with me. "Ha! Good to know," I turned around and saw Snotlout stopping Hookfang. "What the?" The dragon asked. "It's been nice knowing you, island. Snotlout is Outlout!" The boy cried and started flying away. "We're not abandoning the island, Snotlout." Hiccup told the boy as Toothless flew so he was in front of Hookfang. "Uh, yeah, we are. Watch," The boy spoke, but Hookfang stopped seeing Toothless in front of him. "Guys, we put too much hard work into this place to leave. Snotlout is not "outlout." We're staying, now let's get to work," Hiccup finished telling the boy before telling us that we need to get started on reinforcing the island. "Fine! But I still like my plan better," Snotlout grumbled. "Yeah. It basically screams 'coward' which is what you are," I told the boy smirking. Crystal laughed before flying back to the base.

We started by filling all the tubs and barrels with Astrid and Fishlegs. After that, we went to the clubhouse. "Selene, you, Astrid and Fishlegs filled all the tubs with water?" My boyfriend asked me. "Yup! Filled all the barrels too." I told him as I sat next to him. "I found the perfect cave for the Night Terrors. It's high and desolate enough so the flames won't get near them," Fishlegs told us. Hiccup complimented us on our good work. "Now if the twins would finally get back, we could find out what they've done." Hiccup frowned at that. "I can tell you what they've done," Snotlout spoke as he put his feet on the stone surrounding the fire place. "Zero, zip, zilch. I'm forgetting something," Snotlout told us. But, that was soon finished as the twins appeared, claiming they've done a lot. "I'm gonna go check on the Night Terrors in their new cave," I told the others, not wanting to listen to the twins. "Alright." Hiccup told me and pecked my cheek before I stood up and walked out to where Crystal was. "Where are we going?" She asked me as I got on her saddle. "One, to check on the Night Terrors and see how they're adjusting to their new cave. Two, I don't want to listen to the twins." I told her as she flew up. "That's fair. Those two are very annoying," my sister told me and I nodded my head in agreement with her. Once we got there, Smidvarg immediately roared happily and tackled me once I got off Crystal. "Hey, Smidvarg. How's the new cave?" I asked the Night Terror. "It's pretty good. Fishlegs picked a good cave. Come in," He invited Crystal and I in. Once I got up, we followed the little dragon in. I grabbed a lantern from Crystal's bag, and she lit the candle. "Thanks." I told her and she nodded her head. I saw that the Night Terrors were setting up some moss and grass for bedding. "Seems like you're settling down decently." I told them as Crystal and I continued to follow Smidvarg. "Yeah. I'm just worried about those little scorchers though," Smidvarg admitted as we made it to what I assumed was his nest. "Why's that, besides the obvious?" I asked him as I sat next to him. "We've lived here for many years. We don't want those little flaming balls of fire to destroy it," Smidvarg told me. I smiled at the little dragon and brought a hand to his head, and began scratching it. "We'll do everything we can to make sure the island is safe. Promise." I told the Terror, when a familiar roar ran out. I ran out of the cave with Crystal behind me and saw Astrid and Stormfly. "What's wrong?" I asked her.