Total Nightmare

Selene's POV

It was another day here on the Edge and Crystal and I were challenging Hiccup and Toothless to a game of Beat the Dome. "Let's do this!" I shouted with joy. Crystal roared in agreement and shot through the waterfall. She flew around a cliff before diving into the forest. She maneuvered her way around the trees and we shot out. I looked over and saw that Tuff had pulled the lever that closes the dome. "We can do this, sis!" I encouraged Crystal. "Yes we can!" She roared and flew around the sea stacks with ease. It was now a straight shot into the cave underneath the dome. Once we entered, I pulled the harness and she slowed and few upwards. Once she flew through the crack, we saw the dome was closing fast, and Crystal shot out. "What!?" I heard Snotlout cry out as Astrid and Hiccup laughed. "Way to go, sis." I patted Crystal's head. "That was fun!" She cheered as we flew down and landed on top of the dome. "How's that?" I asked with a smile while brushing some loose hairs away from my face. Fishlegs just cheered while Astrid gave me a thumbs up. Hiccup walked over next to Astrid and smiled at me with love. "Alright, we're up," Snotlout claimed as he waved Hookfang over. "Come on, Snotlout. Nobody's been able to beat the dome except Hiccup and Selene," Fishlegs told the boy while pressing his index fingers together. "Nobody, till now," Snotlout countered. "I know where this is going," Crystal grumbled and I chuckled. "Guys, this was supposed to be a drill. Do you have to turn it into a game?" Hiccup asks as he crosses his arms. "Don't we always?" Astrid asks. "Fair point," Hiccup concluded. "'Twas once a drill. Then it became a game. Now, it is theater!" Tuff proclaimed. "Let the drama unfold," Ruff added to her brother's statement. Snotlout just claimed that it was his turn and walked off with Hookfang. The twins then began wagering what he'd lose. Tuff claimed he'd lose an eye, while Ruff spoke Snotlout would lose his gall bladder. Tuff then turned the Hiccup and asked if Snotlout would lose a leg.

I just laughed and Crystal landed next to my lover. Hiccup turned to me with a smile and offered a hand. "Thank you, good sir," I chuckled and took his hand and hopped off Crystal. Toothless walked over and nuzzled into her. "That was great," he told her and she smiled at him. "Thanks." I just smiled at the two. 'They're so smitten with each other.' We then saw Hookfang emerged from the forest and Tuff began closing the dome. Unfortunately, he was leaning his whole body against the lever, so he fell. "And time runs out for our plucky little anti-hero," Tuff spoke. "I love a ticking sundial, don't you?" Ruff asks her brother. Hiccup and I just looked at one another and sighed. Then, there was screaming coming from underneath the dome, it was obviously Snotlout. I briefly saw Hookfang and Snotlout rise out of the cavern. "Hookfang, beat the dome! Hurry up!" Snotlout ordered his dragon. But, the dome closed before they made it out, which resulted in multiple crashing sounds. We all winced and Tuff pulled the lever back to open the dome again. But, all we saw was Snotlout, and no Hookfang. "Snotlout, are you ok?" Hiccup asked the raven-haired Viking. Snotlout groaned and sat up, holding his helmet. "Define "okay."' Snotlout spoke. "Where's Hookfang?" I asked the boy and he said he'd like to know too. "I've got some words for that dragon," Snotlout spoke, then a screech was heard. Snotlout then took off and started looking for his dragon. I saw Crystal walk over to me, with a worried expression. "That didn't sound good," she spoke and I nodded my head in agreement.

Timeskip to night

It was feeding time for the dragons, and I poured a basket full of fish for the dragons to eat. "Food!" They all cheered and dove in. I smiled at them while Hiccup wrapped an arm around my waist. The moment was interrupted by Snotlout trying to get Hookfang to eat. "What? You love mackerel!" I heard Snotlout speak. The riders and I all turned around to see Snotlout being flung at our feet, and a fish to the face. "Everybody saw that, right?" Snotlout asks us. "Yes, we did, my friend, and it was delightful," Tuff spoke with his arms crossed. "Good sir, can you re-enact it for us?" Ruff asked with a smirk. Snotlout then stood up, and claimed that Hookfang was acting weird. Fishlegs asked Snotlout how that was, and he listed all the normal things between the boy and Nightmare. "And this is weird how?" Astrid and I ask in unison. "You have to admit Snotlout, that does kind of sum up your relationship with Hookfang," Hiccup spoke while tightening his arm on my waist. Snotlout just growled and threw the fish by Hookfang's tail. "Knock it off!" Hookfang growled and whipped the fish right back at Snotlout's face, then flew up to the ceiling and started banging his head against the wooden beams. I looked up at my lover and nodded my head at him. He gave me a smile, pecked my forehead and unwrapped his arm before walking over to Snotlout. "If you're coming over to tell me that I'm crazy, save it," Snotlout spat at Hiccup. "You know what? You're right," Hiccup told the boy and he looked back at him like he was crazy. "No one knows your dragon like you do. If you really think something's wrong, lock him in a pen tonight just so he doesn't hurt himself, then we'll see in the morning," Hiccup told the boy. I started yawning, and bid the riders and dragons goodnight. Crystal and I walked to our hut and as soon as I hit my bed, I was out like a light.