Tone Death

Selene's POV
It was nighttime and the gang and I were tracking down a really sneaky Dragon Hunter. And we may have finally found him at a deserted island chain. "Okay, gang! Stay with your teammate and lock down your specific island. This Dragon Hunter is sneaky," Hiccup spoke. "He comes in, transfers his cargo, and slips out under the over of darkness. Very mysterious," Fishlegs spoke. "Very boring. Can we get to it?" Snotlout asked and we all split up. I was with my sister obviously. Hiccup was with Snotlout, Astrid with the twins and Fishelgs with Heather. "I bet we'll catch this guy tonight. I can feel it," Lillian spoke and Sandstorm roared in agreement. "I think you're right," I told her. We flew around for a bit then we saw Stormfly's signal. "Looks like they found him first. Let's go!" I ordered and Sandstorm and Crystal quickly flew towards the signal. Once we arrived, we saw that the Hunters were already at their ship. We all surrounded the ship and I saw the Hunters were loading a dragon egg into a catapult. "Get ready to catch an egg, gang!" I shouted. The egg was fired and the twins and Snotlout got into a race of who would catch it first. I patted Crystal's head and she dove in and caught the egg before the idiots smashed it. But, those morons did end up colliding helmets. "Got it! Let's get this little one back to the Edge without turning it into scrambled eggs," I spoke and we all headed back home. Once we got back, I immediately flew to the clubhouse and got off Crystal. "Ok, let's set up a cozy spot for our friend," I spoke. Crystal nodded and quickly flew back to our hut. Not long after, she came back with some pillows and a blanket. "Thanks, sis. This should keep the little one warm and cozy," I smiled and set up a little nest for the egg.

Morning came, and Hiccup, Fishlegs, Tuffnut, Chicken and I were in the clubhouse, trying to figure out what type of dragon egg this was. "Obviously not a Changewing," I commented. "Thank Thor," Fishlegs sighed in relief. Can't blame him after the whole Changewing fiasco fess years back. "And it's not the type of any of our dragons," Hiccup spoke as he looked up from the Book of Dragons. "Oh, can you imagine Meatlug with her very own egg? It would be so cute. Aww," Fishlegs commented and hugged Meatlug's head. "I don't think it's in here, guys," Hiccup spoke. Crystal was wrapped around the egg, also trying to keep it warm. "Well, someone certainly has their own ideas on what it is," Tuffnut spoke as Chicked hopped on top of the egg. Crystal just tilted her head at the little bird's antics. "Look who's feeling motherly. Aren't you, little chicken? Give me a kiss," Tuff spoke and held a finger out to Chicken. Instead of kissing the finger, Chicken bit it. "Ow! Easy, pal, I'm on your side," Tuffnut spoke to his pet. Crystal juts shook her head at the bird's antics. Toothless came over and sniffed the egg. "I think that Toothless and Crystal are the ones feeling like parents right now," Fishlegs came over and laughed. Chicken tried staying on the egg, but having two dragons staring right at you, can be a little uneasy. So, the bird retreated and the two Furies cuddled up around the egg. "Honestly, I think it would be cuter to see some Night Light babies," I spoke aloud. "Night Lights?" Fishlegs asked me. "Yeah. Night Fury plus Light Fury equals Night Lights," I spoke and the boy nodded his head. "We should check the Dragon Eye notes again, just to be sure," Hiccup told Fishlegs as the two walked away a bit. "Okay, but I didn't see anything in there about eggs or hatchings," Fishlegs commented. I sat next to Crystal and Toothless and just watched the egg, then, there were cracking sounds from it. "Uh, guys?" Tuff asked. "Not right now, Tuff," Hiccup spoke. "Boys!" I scolded and Fishlegs and Hiccup turned towards us and I pointed to the hatching egg. "Oh," both spoke in unison and walked over. There were more cracks in the egg, signifying it was ready to hatch. "Kind of makes you wonder what came first, the dragon, or the dragon," Tuffnut spoke and the egg finished cracking and bursted open. It reveled an adorable little orange dragon with little horns and small frills next to the horns. Crystal immediately started licking the baby clean, just like a mother would do. "What is that?" Fishlegs asked. "It's familiar, but I can't place it," Hiccup spoke, then the dragonet started wailing like a banshee. We all covered our ears, trying to block out the noise. "I liked him better when he was inside," Fishlegs commented before putting his hands over his ears.