Night of the Hunters pt 2

Hiccup's POV

It was the next morning after our failed rescue attempt. I looked over to my right and saw Selene whimpering in her sleep. I rushed over to my love and saw that the bandages were starting to steep in blood again. "Toothless, I need more bandages!" I cried out to my dragon. He ran over and I grabbed some bandages from his saddle bag. With some help from Crystal and Toothless, I was able to put a new bandage on my love's leg. "You're gonna be ok," I stroked her head and then I saw her eyes open. "Oh, thank Thor," I smiled. Selene smiled back at me and tried to sit up. I helped her up and brought her into my lap. "What happened? The last thing I remember was a piercing pain in my leg and falling off Crystal," Selene told me. I frowned and told her how the twins, Astrid and Fishlegs were captured along with their dragons. Toothless and Crystal walked towards the water, as I turned a bit to face Snotlout. "Hey, Snotlout. You up?" I asked the boy and he sat up. "Yes. Somebody snores," He pointed to his dragon and Hookfang blasted some fire at him. "Hookfang!" Snotlout yelled at his dragon. We heard some grunts and saw Toothless and Crystal walking back with some fish. "Thanks you two," Selene told the Furies as I helped her stand up. Both rushed over to us and nuzzled into her. "Great. I am staring. We'll cook these up and—" Snotlout was cut off by Hookfang eating most of the fish. "Looks like somebody's feeling better," I smiled and pulled out a map of the hunter ships. I then felt a tug on my pants and saw Selene was tugging. "I can stand. Can you help a lady up?" She smiled at me. I smiled back and put the map down and helped her up. Crystal rushed back over to us and Selene leaned against her. "What are you doing?" Snotlout asked me. "Trying to figure out where the Dragon Hunters are going," I responded to the boy. "But, love," I turned to Selene. "They have those Dragon Root arrows. How are we gonna get close enough to the ships without hurting the dragons?" Selene questioned me and it was a good one. "Well, I have no idea," I admitted. "I gotta be honest. That's not the answer I was hoping for," Snotlout admitted as well. "If we only knew that Gronckle Iron recipe. Then, we could make some armor for the dragons," Selene spoke, but then she smiled. "I know that smile, m'lady. What is it?" I asked her and she got onto Crystal. "Follow me. I know just the dragon we need to find."

Selene's POV

After a few hours of flying we made it to Death Island. I call it that because of the Screaming Death and his family. Before we got too close, I put my arm out. "What are you doing?" Snotlout asked me. "It's better if you guys wait up here. The dragon that we're here for, probably won't be too happy to see you," I answered. "Ok, but please be careful. You're already injured," Hiccup warned me, with care in his voice. I gave him a thumbs-up and Crystal flew down. "I hope they're ready to expect guests," Crystal muttered and I nodded in agreement as her paws hit the sand. "Me too. But, Gaia and her offspring are usually happy to see us. Even—" I was cut off by rumbling and out popped Whitefang. He let out a massive roar, but his eyes widened when he saw Crystal and myself. "Mom, Selene and Crystal are here!" Whitefang cheered and dove down towards us. More rumbling sounds were heard as Gaia emerged. "Hello you two," she greeted us as she nuzzled against us, careful with her spikes. "What are you doing here?" Gaia asked and I filled her in on the Dragon Hunters. "I see. But how can we help?" Whitefang asked us and I pointed at his scales. "We need to take all the scales you've shedded. You have the toughest scales in the dragon world that we know of.  With these, the hunters won't be able to touch us," I smiled and both Deaths got the idea. "Alright. Are the other two riders here?" Gaia asked me and I nodded my head and whistled for Toothless and Hookfang. Both dragons dived down, and looked a little skittish. "Don't worry. No harm will come to you. Follow me, and I'll lead you to the scales," Gaia informed us and we all followed her unto the tunnels. She led us straight to a massive pile of Screaming Death scales. "Amazing! Whitefang, you've been shedding, which is convenient for us," I smiled and scratched his chin. "Glad we're gonna get rid of these," Whitefang joked. We gathered all the scales we felt like we were gonna need and got right down to work making Screaming Death armor for our dragons.