Crushing It

Selene's POV

It's been about a month since the riders and I came out here and built Dragon's Edge. (I don't know how long it's been, so we'll just go with it). Right now, we're trying to relocate a new dragon called the Rumblehorn, that's been chasing everything off the island. We all gathered in the clubhouse to take turns keeping watch. It was Snotlout's turn, so I went to sleep. But my sleep was disrupted when we heard shouting. "Ah! Intruder alert!" My eyes shot open to see Snotlout's butt on fire. "That's the third time this week!" The boy shouted as he scooted on the floor. Crystal grabbed a water bucket and tossed it on the boy. "Ah, sweet relief." He sighed happily. He than gave a thumbs-up to Crystal who smiled at him. "The Rumblehorn! It's heading for the Eastern Beach! Let's go!" Hiccup shouted and we all mounted our dragons and flew to where the trap went off. We had some lanterns to light up the area a bit, and we found the trap. "We got it! Everyone stand back!" Hiccup told us as he put his arms out. But, the twins didn't listen, and walked right up to it. "I didn't think it'd be so smelly," Tuff commented. "I didn't think it would be so hairy," Ruff added. "You try shaving with a hook for an arm," a familiar voice came from the net. "Gobber?" I asked myself mostly and walked to the net. "The Rumbehorn talks! Quick, smack it!" Tuff cried out. "Cut me down, you simpleton!" Gobber yelled at the boy. "I got you," I told the blacksmith and climbed the tree and cut the rope holding the net. He fell to the ground, but landed on hit feet. "Gobber, what'd you do with our Rumbehorn?" Tuff asked the man. "Rumblehorn? What's a Rumbehorn?" Gobber asked us. "A new dragon that's been trying to chase us off the island," Fishlegs told the man. "Yeah, us and everything else," Astrid added. "We've been trying to catch it and relocate it with very little luck," I told the blacksmith as I jumped down from the tree. "Yet, we caught you. Yay, us." Snotlout spoke sarcastically.

"You're trying to catch a dragon with a net that wouldn't be able to hold a one-legged, one-armed viking? Amateurs," Gobber spoke. Tuff went over to where Hiccup was, and offered to club the man. "Yeah, we should just get back to the dragon base," Hiccup told us as we got on our dragons and flew back. Once we got there, everything was a mess! "Well, let's see what you've done with the place," Gobber commented, not seeing how messy it was. "It looks, very, well..." the man trailed off. "Trashed!" Astrid and I yelled in unison as we went to start cleaning up again. "Your words not mine," Gobber told us. "The Rumbehorn must have hit us when we were out chasing you," Hiccup realized. Tuff walked over and told Hiccup it wasn't too late to club Gobber still. I just sighed and gestured for Barf and Belch to grab their male rider. "Got it," they told me and grabbed Tuff before he got hurt. "As much as I love a good clubbing, even my own, it will have to wait," Gobber told us. I got concerned and walked over to Hiccup and Gobber and wrapped my arm around Hiccup's. "What's wrong?" I asked Gobber. "Hiccup and I need to talk, but you can listen too, lass. I've come with disturbing news about your father," Gobber revealed the reason he's here. "Is he all right?" Hiccup asked with concern. "Oh, he's fine." Gobber told us. "Thank Thor," I sighed in relief. "But, then again, not so fine." Gobber spoke. "Gobber, you're killing me. Is my father okay or not?" Hiccup asked the blacksmith with irritation laced in his voice. "Oh, he's as fit as a dragon. Unfortunately he's as ornery as one, too." Gobber told us. "Hey!" Crystal and Toothless growled at the man. "No offense," Gobber spoke as he put his hands in the air. Both Furies just groaned and put their tails over their faces. "I've never seen him like this. Angry, shouting at everyone." Gobber told us, but that seemed to match Stoick normally. "Actually, that sounds like vintage Stoick the Vast to me," Hiccup told the man and I nodded my head in agreement. "You think I would've sailed in a boat by myself for a week if it were vintage Stoick the Vast? He's driving the village crazy!" Gobber yelled. "Yikes!" Toothless growled. "All right, I guess I'd better see what's going on with him," Hiccup told the man. "Good idea," Gobber spoke. Hiccup then turned to me. "Would my fair lady care to join me?" He asked and I chuckled. "Of course, good sir." I laughed and we got on our dragons. "You want to come back with us?" I asked the man. "Actually, I think I might stay a while, help repair your wee dragon base." Gobber told us. He then added that he could use his dragon killing experience to help with the Rumbehorn. "Ok, so you're basically hiding from Stoick, correct?" I asked the blacksmith with a smirk. "One might say," he told me. "Guess we're off to Berk, guys," Hiccup told us. Crystal and Toothless shot into the sky and we made our way to Berk.