Between a Rock and a Hard Place

Selene's POV

It was another day and the gang and I were tracking down some Dragon Hunters. Toothless and Crystal landed next to each other as Hiccup used his spyglass to gaze out at the three ships. "What are we landing for?" Snotlout asked as the other riders followed our lead. Snotlout was about to order Hookfang to go attack, but I stopped him. "They're sailing in tight formation, Snotlout. Hookfang wouldn't be able to make it past," I told the boy. He just grumbled and had Hookfang land behind us. "Selene's right. We'll never be able to approach that convoy without being spotted," Fishelgs told us. "We need a good distraction," Lillian muttered at she scratched at her ears. "Leave that to us," Hiccup smiled and grabbed something from his saddle bag. "Oh?" Toothless questioned. My lover walked towards Toothless' tail and revealed a new tail fin. It was yellow and decorated with a Night Fury. That got Toothless excited. "Hiccup. This is no time to play dress-up," Snotlout scolded the boy. "And how can you even think of wearing yellow after Snoggletog? That, my friend, is a fashion faux pas," Tuffnut snapped his fingers. Ruffnut just retched, "How gauche!" I saw Lillian just sigh as she finished scratching her ear. "This tail fin is lighter and stiffer. It's made out of a thin sheet of Gronckle Iron," I told the others as Hiccup replaced Toothless' normal tail fin with the new one. Toothless lifted it, and spread the fins, making him excited.

"It's not great for long distance flying, but..." Hiccup was cut off. "The added stability will allow you to fly along the water's surface without using any wing-flap. It's ingenious," Fishlegs finished. Hiccup got on Toothless as I got on Crystal. "Exactly, Fishelegs. Hiccup and Toothless will glide in right under their sight lines. Crystal and I will take to the sky and fly through a plasma blast to make us invisible for a little bit. Watch for our signal!" I ordered and Crystal flew to the sky. "Time to disappear!" I shouted and Crystal fired a plasma blast and we flew right into it. Now that I've started to awaken more of my bloodline, my skin is like Crystal's scales. When I fly into a plasma blast, I can now disappear on my own. "Let's follow Hiccup and Toothless up here, sis," I told Crystal. "On it," she cooed and we copied the boys' flight pattern. Once we got close to the ship, I saw that the hunters were on high alert. I looked down and saw Toothless fly up. "Now!" I shouted and Crystal fired a plasma blast in perfect sync with Toothless. The other riders soon joined us and we easily took over the ships. Windshear and Heather fit right in with us. "We'll be taking your loot now," I told the hunters with a smirk. Lillian and I quickly went to one of the other ships to free any dragons. "I don't smell any dragons," Lillian told me as we ran to where dragons were normally kept. Once we got there, there were only marble rocks. "Marble rocks?" I questioned and walked towards them. "No dragons here," Lillian told me. "Let's rendezvous with the others and see if they had any luck," I told my sister.

When we got to the middle ship, the others were there already. "Let me guess, no dragons for you guys either?" Astrid asked us. "Yeah," I told her and then Fishlegs, Hiccup and Toothless emerged from below deck. "Love, these ships don't have any dragons. Just tones of marble rocks," I told my boyfriend. "Why would they fight so hard to protect a bunch of rocks?" Heather asked. "No clue. But Viggo is defiantly up to something new," Lillian growled. There was then multiple screeches. "Hiccup?" Fishlegs asked. "What is that?" Snotlout asked and pointed towards a pack of dragon coming towards us. "Duck!" I shouted and everyone ducked under their dragons' wings. "Dragon stampede!" Lillian shouted. I quickly maneuvered my way onto Crystal's back and took to the sky. "What now?" She asked me. "Let's see where these dragons were fleeing from so quickly," I told my sister and she flew the opposite direction the dragon stampede was. "Selene, wait up!" I turned around and saw the other riders had caught up. "About time," I smirked and Lillian smirked back at me. "Look!" Lillian shouted and pointed towards an upcoming island. There were a lot of sounds coming from it. A Monstrous Nightmare flew right over the twins, causing Barf and Belch to stop. But then a Deadly Nadder rammed into the Zippleback, causing them to spiral out of control. "Ruff! Tuff!" Heather shouted. "I regret nothing!" Tuff shouted. "I regret everything!" Ruff screamed as the Zippleback crashed through and disappeared into the forest. Crystal quickly flew down to the island with the others in tow. "Ruff? Tuff?" I yelled out, wondering where the twins ended up now.