Chapter 28: His Starting Point

Midoriya and I arrived at the player waiting room two's door. "L-L-L-L/N!" Midoriya stuttered. His face was as red as a tomato. "What's wrong?" I asked. His eyes were looking at hands. "Gah! I am so sorry!" "I-It's alright." Midoriya opened the door.

"Man, I lost..." Uraraka said as she sat on her table, holding her phone and rubbing the back of her head with a smile on her face. The two of us stood in front of the door unable to speak or move. Did Bakugo's explosion hurt her head or something...?

There were some scratches on her face and a bandage on her left cheek. "I got carried away at the end thinking I could do it, dang it." She said. I shut the door behind us as I slowly walked over to her. "Uraraka, what about your injuries? Are you okay?" Midoriya asked worriedly.

"Yeah, Recovery girl took care of me! It was only moderate healing so it wouldn't drain my stamina, so I've still got scratches and stuff, though. Man, but that Bakugo was really strong! He totally got me. I need to work harder, too!" Uraraka said without any signs of disappointment nor sadness.

"Are you... all right?" Midoriya and I both asked at the same time with a very concerned look on our face. "I'm fine! Better than expected!" Uraraka's phone started buzzing. "I mean, you immediately started looking ahead, Deku, and just because I lost doesn't mean I can lose." She said.

Somehow, Present Mic's weird ass scream reached to the player two's waiting room. and said Kirishima and Tetsutetsu were having an arm wrestling battle and it ended with Kirishima being the winner. "Already? Later..." Midoriya said as he was leaving.

"Oh, sorry Deku!" Uraraka stood up from her seat. "You weren't able to prepare at all since I was here..." She said. "No, I'm fine." Midoriya said as he reached out to the door handle. "I'll be watching, 'kay? Good luck." Uraraka said and waved him a goodbye.

Midoriya and I excused ourselves and I decided to send Midoriya off to the battlefield because why not? "Who woukd you be fighting next?" "Todoroki."

My heart felt the exact same pain when Todoroki and I ended out friendship. "Are you alright, L/N?" Midoriya asked in a worried tone. "Yeah, why do you ask?" I said as I put on my poker face. "It's just you haven't been around hanging around Todoroki like you used to." He said.

'Stop saying his name...' I thought as the pain from my heart was hurting even more. I felt like crying but I wouldn't dare myself to cry in front of others. "We decided to have a little break, that's all." "I see."

As we were about to turn right, a familiar muscular man with flames on his body appeared in front of us. "Endeavor?!" Midoriya shouted in a scared tone. "Ew, It's you again." I said.

"I have no business with you, L/N. Now, scram." The burning man said. I wasn't in the mood to pick a fight with him. "Ok, number two." I said coldy and rolled my eyes. Midoriya's jaw dropped and stared at me with a 'what the fuck?!' face. I walked back to where Uraraka was. I mean... I wouldn't want her to encounter this burning shithead.

~~~~~~

I opened the door and saw Uraraka looking at me with tears in her eyes. "E-Eh? What are you doing here, L/N?" She asked while wipping the tears off her eyes. "I knew something is up." I took a seat beside her. "What's wrong? You don't have to tell me if you don't want to." I said.

More tears began dripping down her cheeks. "I-It's just I fa-failed my parents." She paused a moment and continued on telling me how she failed them as their daughter and why she wanted to become a hero in the first place.

"You're still a teenager and you have time to improve and learn from your mistake so take it easy." I said as I hugged her and her head was resting on my shoulders as she continues on crying. I didn't dare to release the hug until Uraraka stops crying.