Chapter 29: Unsure

After that intense and frightening fight, I immediately ran to the entrance of the battlefield. I wanted to talk things out with Todoroki but luck sure hates me. Endeavor beated me to it so I hid behind the wall.

It was time to use my hidden quirk: eavesdropping. "...But you have abandoned your childish tantrum and finally become a perfect upgrade of me. After you graduate, come work for me. I'll lead you down to the path of the mighty." The burning trash said.

His words sure knows had its way to piss me off. "There's no way I can abandon anything. It's not something that can be so easily reversed. It's... back then... For that one moment... I forgot about you." Todoroki said.

Before Endeavor could say anything, I sort of jumped in and grabbed Todoroki's wrist. "Let's go." I said as I acted like his father was invisible and dragged him along with me. "H-Hey!" Todoroki said.

I hushed him. "A reminder for you, Endeavor." I paused as I was about to turn right and I stared into his eyes. "Just because you failed being the number one hero, it doesn't mean your son has to fullfil your desire. He has his own desire to fulfill too. Do it yourself." I said.

I didn't let that flaming trash of a hero speak and dragged his son away from him.

~~~~~~

I dragged Todoroki to waiting room number two since my match is next. I let go of his wrist. None of us were speaking due the little incident that we had before. "Why did you do that?" Todoroki broke the silence. "Because I want to talk to you and someone has to knock some sense into him." I said.

"Our friendship ended so what's there to talk about?" He asked as he was about to leave again but not this time. I wouldn't let him go. "I don't want our friendship to end because of your father so let's talk things out." I said.

He reached out to the door handle. "Todoroki, please." I grabbed his wrist again and yanked him away from the door. "What makes you think he could touch me with his filthy hands?" I said as I clenched my fists.

I stared at the dual haired boy on the ground, looking at me with his bi-coloured eyes. "I'm not scared of him and I can defend myself. Have some trust in me, will you?" I kneed down to his height and he didn't move or speak. "So... friends?" I asked as I reached out my hand for a handshake. "Fine... I'll trust you once." He said hesitantly and returned the handshake.

I realized that his left side was exposed, revealing his abs. "Damn..." I stared at his abs. "I'm jealous." I muttered out bitterly. "Jealous...?" "Your abs." He turned his head away with a tint of blush on his face.

"Woah... I didn't know the cold, collective and calm Shoto Todoroki would be embarrassed!" I teased and gasped dramatically.

After he got changed, I suggested that we should stay here and talk since I have a lot of questions to ask him. "Why did you use your flames?" I asked as I took a seat next to him. "I'm not quite sure myself but when I was fighting Midoriya, I forgot about my old man. Is it the right thing to do?" He asked as he looked at his left hand.

"How do you feel about your fire?" I asked. "I'm scared that 'my' fire will bring fear to people." He said. We were alike in some way after all. We were both haunted by our past. "Your fire is rather beautiful than 'unslightly' or 'fearful'. " I reassured.

"But-" I hushed him. "Bonded by blood or not, you're nothing like him. You're way better than him." I said.

"Contestants, please may you make your way to the battlefield."

I stretched my arms and stood up from my chair. "I better get going now." I said, walking to the door and opened the door. "I'll take you to the entrance." Todoroki said, following behind me.

"Ah. Shit. I didn't plan a strategy to beat Iida." I said and facepalmed myself. "Sorry..." Todoroki said with guiltiness in his tone. "It's not your fault anyway. I'll come up with something eventually." I said.

The two of us reached the entrance of the battlefield. "Good luck, L/N." He said. "You shouldn't be wishing luck to your opponent, Todoroki." I said in a cocky way as I entered the stadium.

"Now, Cementos has fixed the field! Let's continue the second round! The man who can outrun a car or maybe even a plane! From the hero course, Class 1A, Tenya Iida! Versus... our favourite soon-to-be-hero! How would she turn the tables again? Who's also from the hero course, Class 1A, Y/N L/N!"

I stood in front of my class rep. He stared at me with an insane amount of concentration. "We shall have a pleasant match, L/N." Iida said as he reached out his hand for a handshake. "We shall, speedy boy." I said as I also reached out my hand to accept his handshake. We let go of each other's hands and stepped back to get into our fighting stance.

"Ready... Start!"

I came up with two plan. One was risky as hell because I wasn't quite sure if it would work since I haven't even tried it before. One was not that risky. Where's the fun when there's no risk?

I forced the blood flow in every part of my body to increase my speed, strength and stamima as Iida was charging up his engine. "Recipro... burst!" He yelled as he ran towards me and placed his hands on my shoulders, pushing me. 'So fast!' I thought as I grabbed both of his wrist and flipped him over.

Unfortunately, he reacted quickly and landed on the ground. I didn't waste a second and used my leg to sweep him off the ground. Then lifted my leg up to perform an axe kick in order to knock him out but he rolled to his right and he was able to dodge my attack.

Before I could even react, he grabbed onto my knees and pushed me at an incredible speed. I paralyzed him but that didn't stop his quirk from deactivating. I tried to free myself from his grip but his grip was stronger than I expected it to be. At this rate, I would be pushed out of bounds.

I decided to karate chop his nape area and the male who gripped on my knees had stopped and I was an inch away from the white line. Muri came up to both of us and kneed down to check on Iida. "Iida has been knocked out! L/N advances to the third round!" She announced.

"What just happened?! The match started like one minute ago!"

Mummy man explained what Iida and I did. The robots had send Iida to the Recovery girl and as I slowly made my way back to the entrance. 'I won with bare luck...' I thought as I deactivated my quirk. Suddenly, my upper part of my body lost its strength and I kneed down on to the ground. Blood was coming out of my mouth. "L/N?" A deep voice shouted. I forced my head to look up to see who was it.

It was my crow classmate, Tokoyami. I couldn't speak. All I could do is cough. "Hang in there! I'll call help!" He rushed out of the entrance. "Midnight!" He shouted. My vision was starting to fade away.