Chapter 39: Internship

Shoto stayed over for the past few days but my father didn't mind at all so we both agreed to let him stay as long as he wants. He even considered Shoto as his son and Shoto preferred him over his father which I wouldn't blame him.

Shoto and I watched tons of cartoons and animated children movies, during those days. He liked Puss n Boots and the Aristocats. His reasoning? Obviously cats.

"Hey, you two! You're going to be late for school!" A voice shouted as my eyes fluttered awake. "Five more minutes..." I muttered tiredly. My father snatched the blanket off me but I felt something warm beside me. "Warm..." I muttered quietly as I moved closer to whatever that was and snuggled it.

The thing that I was snuggling onto became hotter and hotter, causing me to wake up. "I swear to god, I'll kill you father." I said as I rubbed my eyes. "I didn't do anything kid..." My father said as he raised both of his arms up. "Then explain the heat." I said in a pissed off tone.

My father had that devilish grin on his face. "I'm sure Roki can explain it." He said and he showed me a picture of me and Shoto sleeping together. I was laying on Shoto's shoulder sleeping and his head was on my head. "You... Bitch!" I shouted as my face immediately heat up and threw every pillow on the sofa at him. "What did I do, now?!" He shoute as he caught every pillow.

"Delete that shit, now!" I shouted. "Never." "I'll kill you." I leaped off the sofa and started throwing punches and kicks at him but he dodged it easily. "I'll show everyone in the agency your baby pictures." I threatened.

"It's deleted."

"Good."

~~~~~~

Shoto and I got back to our rooms to get dressed. I grabbed my bag and headed downstairs to get breakfast but there were no food on the table. "Remember, it's your turn to cook breakfast?" My father said. "I took care of your ass and you're treating me like this? Ouch." I said as I got my apron on and tied my hair back (if you have long hair).

I went to the fridge and took out every ingredients that would be needed to make eight pancakes. "You still haven't told me why is Roki here so mind telling?" My father asked. "Family issues." I said as I started cooking.

"I knew it!" He exclaimed. I stopped everything that I was doing and looked at my father dead in the eyes. "When?" "Ever since Roki's dad told me to send you that message and the moment you threw the shoe at me, when I mentioned 'Endeavor'."

"I see..." I said as I went back to cooking. "Good morning, Roki!" My father said. I turned my attention to the stairs and saw Shoto walking to the kitchen. "Good Morning, Mr. L/N." Shoto greeted. "We are not strangers anymore, just call me (your father's name) or your second dad." He said in a jokingly tone. "Then, good morning, (your father's name)." He corrected.

"Good morning, Y/N." He said. I noticed his voice is deeper than usual, making me flustered as my stomach had a weird feeling and I didn't like it at all. 'What is this feeling? Am I dying...?' I thought. "Y/N! You're gonna burn down the house!" My father shouted and snapped me back to reality.

'Oh shit!' I thought as I turned off the fire and threw the burnt pancake away, then made a new one. I took out three plates and put two pancakes onto each plates. I grabbed two plates on my hand and one on my arm. "Here, let me help." Shoto said and took the plate on my arm. "Thanks" "Don't mention it."

"My cooking might not taste as good as your sister's." I said as walked to the table and placed down two plates on it. "I'm sure it won't be that bad." He said.

The three of us had finish breakfast and my father was cleaning the dishes. "Father, would you be so kind to drive us to school?" I asked. "No, I have to do something at the agency." He said.

I nudged Shoto's shoulder. "Ask him if he could drive us to school." I whispered, knowing he wouldn't say no to Shoto since my father sees him as his second son now.

"But he has important to do." He whispered back. I signed and walked up to my father. "Pretty pleaseeee." I asked as I make the puppy eyes, knowing this would work on him every single god damn time without failing.

"You know I can't ever say no to those puppy eyes..." He said and he let out a defeated sign, grabbing his car keys. "So... that's a yes?" "You're a devil."

~~~~~~

My class and I were at the train station to go to our internship for this entire week. "You all have your costumes, right? Remember, you aren't allowed to wear them in public. Don't drop them or anything." Shota said.

"Yessir!" Mina exclaimed as she raised her suitcase over her head. "Speak clearly! It's 'yes, sir', Ashido." Shota scolded. "Yes, sir..." She corrected.

"Make sure you mind your manners with the heroes at your internships!" Shota said. I fake coughed and glaring at the angry hedgehog. He was giving off an 'I'll kill you' vibe and I whistled innocently.

Shota dismissed us. "I guess this is where we part ways." I turned my attention to Shoto. "Don't miss me too much this week." I teased. "Why would I miss you?" He asked.

"Words hurt too, you know?" I said as I placed my hand onto where my heart dramatically. "Are you okay? Are you having a heart attack?" He asked in a concerned tone while having his signature stoic expression but deep down I knew he's worried. 'He's hopeless...' I thought as I facepalmed myself. "We gotta work on your denseness..." I said.

"L/N, come here." A raspy voice called and I turned my attention to where the voice came from. Shota was signaling me to go over to him so I bid Shoto a goodbye and wished him luck and so did he. I went to where Shota is. "If you could, try convining your father to go to Hosu city." He said.

Edited: {A/N: I made a mistake here... so I messed up 'Hosu City' with 'Hosu District'. When I googled 'Where is Hosu City in Japan?', it said 'Hosu District located in Ishikawa Prefecture so I assumed Hosu City is there. Okay, let's pretend Y/N's father agency is still in Tokyo but he took Y/N to a mission where its really far away, then when they are done, they went to Hosu. Its a little too late to rewrite the whole chapter. I'm sorry...
(´༎ຶ▽༎ຶ') }

My father's agency was in Tokyo so it would be at least a six hour train ride. I crooked my head as a sign of confusion. "Why?" "Iida signed up for Manual's Agency." I paused for a moment to process what Shota is trying to tell me. My eyes widened as realization hit me like one of those anime trucks. "Say you're joking, right now." I said.

"I'd also love to think it's a joke." He said as he glared at Iida who was walking to his station. "I'll try but no promises." I said.

Shota thanked me. "So, you do care about us~" I teased and chuckled evilly. "I'll cancel your internship and make you do countless tests." He threatened.

"Oh wow, why don't you look at the time." I laughed nervously. "Gotta blast! See you, Shota!" I said as I rushed out of the station and saw the Miya standing outside of the station's parking lot, waiting for me.

"Miya!" I called out as I waved at her. "Ah! Y/N, it's been a long time!" She said as she pulled me into a hug. I placed my suitcase down and returned the hug. "I missed you and so does everyone else in the agency!" She released the hug. "Come on, let's go!" She said enthusiastically.

The two of us got into the car and I looked outside of the window. 'Class rep... I hope you're better than this.' I thought as I prayed that he wouldn't think of going to Hosu city to find Stain and take a revenge on his brother.

~~~~~~

As soon as I stepped into the agency's main office, my father's sidekicks surrounded me as if I was a well-known celebrity. They even threw a little welcome party. This was practically my second home so I would consider everyone here as family. They literally considered me as their kid sometimes. I was surprised and overwhelmed by people who missed me.

After that little party, I knocked on my father's office's door. "Come in." I heard my father's voice coming through the door. I opened the door and a tall and young brown haired teenage boy with glasses standing in front of my father's desk. "Who's that?" I asked and pointed at him.