The Weapons Known as Shinobi

Haku wants to die. He wants Naruto to kill him. What are you going to do big brother? Haku, he has a point. Shinobi are weapons. And they must complete the mission they are set on.

Emotions are something a shinobi must never show. That is the life of a shinobi. But . . . shinobi aren't just tools. They are people, they have lives, and they have emotions. No matter what, they will always be human.

I stared at Sasuke's pale face again. You are not a tool Sasuke. You're not.

I gripped his hand tighter. I don't know anything anymore. I don't know what to think. I knew what a shinobi is. I know the rules. I aced the exams, I passed the training. But it's so different when it's happening.

I'm so confused. What do I do? Please tell me.

I looked between Kakashi's battle, and Naruto's battle. What do I do? Can I do anything? Is this the extent of my abilities?

I need to get up. I need to fight with Naruto. But I'm physically, spiritually, and emotionally drained. I can't do anything.

Naruto, Sasuke, please. "I can't help but to think at another time and place we would have been friends." I looked over to Naruto and Haku.

So that's your decision huh?

Naruto ran towards Haku, kunai in hand. You're going to kill someone for the first time Naruto. I wonder how you'll be afterwards.

I watched the scene unroll in slow motion.

My heartbeat spiked as he was getting closer. "This is for Sasuke! Because he also had a dream!" Naruto shouted.

I gripped Sasuke's hand tighter. The scene made my heart beat quicken. I could hear it easily. Naruto ran at Haku, and all Haku did was smile, as if thanking him.

I don't understand anything that's happening. I don't. Why? Why did Sasuke have to die? Why did Haku have to be like me? Why does he want to die? Why?

I would never have the answers to those.

The fog was lifting. Huh? I looked back to Kakashi to see him running at Zabuza, lightening chakra in hand. What's he doing? I don't recognize that jutsu. I returned my gaze to Naruto and Haku.

Just as Naruto was going to kill Haku, he grabbed his arm and stopped it before performing one hand seals. Does he know that Zabuza is about to die?

Haku disappeared and I knew where he was going. I turned back to Kakashi and Zabuza.

Kakashi struck his lightening covered hand towards Zabuza, and red blood splattered. Except it wasn't Zabuza's.

A few tears escaped my eyes. I knew he'd do that. That stupid idiot.

Haku stood with Kakashi's hand in his chest. You fool. But that makes me just as much as a fool as him. Because I'd do it for Naruto.

Silence filled the air. Everyone stared in shock at Haku's actions. But I merely watched with dead like eyes from my laying position. Too much emotional stress and shock. I don't think I'm well.

All I feel is sadness.

Haku gripped Kakashi's arm. "Za-bu-za."

"So my future is all used up huh? Wrong again Kakashi." For some reason, I'm sure Zabuza is just as sad as I am. I'm positive actually. He may act like he isn't, but I can see it. Deep inside he wants to cry.

Naruto looked around frantically for Haku. The fog lifted a lot more and he took in the scene.

Haku, you fool. Why? All you've been doing is making me more emotionally unstable. You're only a kid, yet you give your life for him. But like I said before, I can't judge. Because if I were you, and he was Naruto, I'd do the same thing. Heck, he could be Sasuke or any other of my teammates.

I'd rather die than feel the pain of losing someone I care about.

Zabuza grabbed his sword and swung down. He'd hack down Haku just to reach Kakashi. My chest tightened and it hurt. Not because of the needle wounds. The sadness in me was suffocating me.

And it kept on building up with each passing second.

Zabuza swung down. Kakashi grabbed Haku and jumped away. Smart move sensei. I wish I could cheer, but I couldn't. I think I'm having post-traumatic stress.

The sadness in my chest was agonizingly painful. Why am I so sad? It's because of Sasuke and Haku. But why? How could two people cause me this much emotional pain? How?

No matter what was happening between my team and Zabuza, my emotion never changed. Haku, he's dead. I saw Kakashi close his eyes for him.

My breathing slowed as the sadness in my chest increased.

"Naruto! Naruto over here! So you, Sasuke, and Miyu are alright." Naruto couldn't really answer her. I knew he felt guilty about it.

It wasn't his fault Sasuke's dead. It's mine.

"What's wrong? Where is Sasuke anyway?" Sakura asked. I gripped Sasuke's hand tighter. She's going to hate me. Naruto gritted his teeth. He couldn't tell her.

I closed my eyes and slowly reopened them with much effort.

Sakura's face paled and she quivered. "No." she mumbled. I could tell my eyes were void of any emotion or life, but there were tears still running down.

I can't anymore. Tazuna was talking to Sakura and they grabbed hands before running over to us.

I looked at Sasuke. Why did you have to do that? I didn't need your help. It's okay if I die. The only person who would have been upset would be Naruto.

You? You have Naruto, Sakura, Kakashi, a whole bunch of girls, and even some guys who look up to you. So why?  

Sakura gasped. "Sasuke? Miyu?" she asked shakily. I didn't respond. I felt dead inside and out. The only way they could tell I was alive was by the tears flowing from my eyes and my shallow breathing.

Sakura fell to her knees on the other side of Sasuke and I heard Naruto running this way. "Miyu!" He skidded by me and gently cradled me in his arms.

I had let go of Sasuke's hand and stared into Naruto's worried blue eyes. "Is she also . . ?" Tazuna trailed off.

Naruto shook his head. "No. She's still breathing and crying. I don't know what's wrong with her though. Miyu? Miyu talk to me. Miyuna!" He shouted.

I didn't. For some reason I was afraid if I opened my mouth, my throat would close and I'd drown in my tears.

Instead I looked over to Sasuke and Sakura. Sakura has her hand on his cheek. "Go on. You don't have to be brave on my account. It's all alright Sakura, Miyu."

I shook my head and sat up. "It's not fine. We are shinobi. Shinobi aren't supposed to shed tears. Tears are a weakness. And we must never show weakness. We must never show feelings, no matter the circumstance. Feelings are a weakness that only clouds our judgment and weakens our sense of duty."

My voice sounded foreign. It didn't sound like mine at all. It was so cold and void of emotions. I looked up at Tazuna. My emotionless eyes meeting his as Sakura began to sob after much restraint. "We broke that rule, Sakura and I. We cried and showed that weakness. We are not fit to be shinobi."

Naruto pulled me to him and hugged me tight. "Miyu, it's alright to cry. You don't need to act tough. Just let it out. You're acting strange."

"I can't. All I feel is sadness in my chest. It's suffocating. I-I can't."

Silent tears fell from my eyes. Sakura sobbed louder. I could see some type of sadness in Tazuna's eyes as he looked between me and Sakura.

Just silent tears fell from my lifeless eyes. If only he hadn't done that. If only he didn't do it. He could still be here.

What was all that studying and training in the academy for if I couldn't even save one friend? I'm so pathetic and useless.

"Well, well. So this is how it turns out huh?" That voice. I looked towards the end of the bridge. That's Gato. And he has a bunch of thugs with him.

That jerk. He's the cause of all this. And he brings a bunch of bodyguards with him. He's going to die. I know it. Naruto and Kakashi are going to do it. That I'm sure of.